Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coincidence? Interested about everyone's thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coincidence? Interested about everyone's thoughts.

Coincedence? The apron piece from Eddowes is discovered at the entrance of the residence of potential witness Joseph Hyam Levy's cousin. It keeps bugging me. I know they happen but I can't shake it off. Of all the buildings it just happened to end up there. What are the odds of that occuring? Is it not so unlikely as it appears? I'm being objective. Common sense seems to be trying to tell me something though. Very appreciative for anyone who would be so kind as to give me their take on it. Keep the nastiness away as best as possible. Many thanks and many blessings ahead of time.
    Last edited by Digalittledeeperwatson; 08-30-2013, 06:06 AM. Reason: I agonized a good 5 minutes on which topic to start this thread under.
    Valour pleases Crom.

The case is riddled with coincidences the deeper we dig.

You can relate most of the locations to Jewish interests.

The number 39.

Kosminski turns out to have connections close to Berners Street.

Just thee. None of them relevant as such - that is as the basis for drawing deductions.

I do think there is interest in J H Levy - the press hints that he knew more than he was telling have always intrigued me. But I would need more than the coincidence of the occupation of a building with, in all probability,has no connection whatever with JtR other than a convenient, unnoticed place to discard a bloodied rag.

Prove the GSG was by "Jack" I might take notice - without that an interesting coincidence, no more.

Phil

Comment

I very much doubt that the killer dumped the apron in front of his own residence. Why not take it home, at that point?

Comment

1) The rag was thrown into the doorway as he passed
        2) The rag was discarded by the killer after taking a pit stop in the doorway
        3) The rag was dropped by the killer after he stopped to write the GSG
        4) The killer accidentally dropped the rag as he was about to go up the stairs

Comment

There was a Kozminski family living on Goulston St in the 1891 census.

Comment

Digital,

I agree with Phil H, there are tons of coincidences. That's why there have been hundreds of 'suspects'.

If you've ever played the game The Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon you'd appreciate that there are a lot of ties but they are just coincidence.

I agree it is interesting though and could/should be researched further. At this point though, I believe it is just coincidence.

Cheers
            DRoy

Comment

Hullo Damaso Marte.

Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
              I very much doubt that the killer dumped the apron in front of his own residence. Why not take it home, at that point?
              Not that cousin. That one lived on Middlesex.
              Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

Hullo DRoy.

Originally posted by DRoy View Post
                Digital,

I agree with Phil H, there are tons of coincidences. That's why there have been hundreds of 'suspects'.

If you've ever played the game The Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon you'd appreciate that there are a lot of ties but they are just coincidence.

I agree it is interesting though and could/should be researched further. At this point though, I believe it is just coincidence.

Cheers
                DRoy
                But it isn't six degrees. One degree. That is an aspect that keeps my intrigue piqued. And thanks to all that provided their opinion. More would be appreciated. My delve here for the time being. Maybe another month before I have anymore energy to devote here. Also, a belated word to ground zero.
                Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

The "six degrees" theory (which got popularized by the play "Six Degrees of Seperation" that was later a movie with Stockard Channing and Donald Sutherland) was originally propounded by some college professor (I believe a psychologist, but I could be wrong there) who said that if one thought about it carefully one would find by connections with people that you and some other are connected by four intervening individuals. It actually should be sharpened by "up to around" six people. I occasionally mention some odd historic connections of my own - recently I mentioned on a thread here that my mother's mother (my grandmother Anna) used as a physician a Dr. Hammond, whose father was Surgeon General of the U.S. during the Civil War, and (as a child) had been dangled on the knee of President Lincoln when the President, the Surgeon General, and the Surgeon General's son were in a carriage watching parading and manouvres of the Army of the Potomac. Since my mother (when a child) went to Dr. Hammond with her mother, and Dr. Hammond told this to her while she was sitting on his knee, I think of myself as "three knees from Lincoln". It doesn't mean much, but it is curious (so far my only connection to the 16th President).

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                  X