Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Ben 3 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Abby Normal 5 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Abby Normal 5 hours ago.
Ripper Notes: Status of Ripper Notes? - by C. F. Leon 9 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by rjpalmer 10 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Ben 11 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - (11 posts)
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - (2 posts)
Elizabeth Stride: For what reason do we include Stride? - (2 posts)
General Discussion: Do you think it will be solved? - (1 posts)
Ripper Notes: Status of Ripper Notes? - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Social Chat > Pub Talk

Old 09-14-2018, 10:54 AM
Casebook Supporter

Rather a good fugue here:

https://youtu.be/RZxCAqCUgug

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:04 PM
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post

That was amazing.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:09 AM
Chief Inspector

Quote:

Definitely one for 'Last Night of the Proms' next year!
Old 09-17-2018, 06:30 AM
Cadet

Quote:
Assuming that to be true, can this really be down to Trump? How long does it take a government to turn around an economy as large as that of the USA?
you're already working on the incorrect premise that this was a "turn around". A Turn around would mean that the economic indicators were pointing one way, and after some kind of event (i.e. policy change coming into effect), the economic indicators were pointing in a different direction.

This did not happen here.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:35 AM
Casebook Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensson View Post
you're already working on the incorrect premise that this was a "turn around".
I wasn't making any claim as to its veracity, which is why I prefaced my comment with "assuming this to be true".

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Last edited by Sam Flynn : 09-17-2018 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:31 AM
Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectorDave View Post
I hope given the interview with the Sailsburry suspects the idea that Russia could have any serious impact on a US election is fantasy land stuff.

We clearly are not dealing with a soviet era KGB or GRU.

Black unemployment at historic lows.....the thing is the people who are pleased about this the most (other than the person who now has a job) are the people the non-deplorables label white supremisists.

8 years Obama had to enact a growth policy....he offered nothing but food stamps.

The joke in the 90's was that Bill Clinton was the first "black president"...even though he put record number in jail and on the dole queue.

There can be little doubt which of the last 4 presidents are really rooting for African Americans and that's why they are leaving the Democratic Party plantation in droves.

With a little help from Candace Owens, who I wish was not so hot so I could say I only like her for the way she thinks.
There is so much to unpack here that is basically on various degrees of "incorrectness", so I'll just make a couple of points on each this flurry of statements while at the same time not expecting anything useful to come from it or to revisit it (Seeing that the "Is Donald Trump a racist" discussion is going the way of a "Are smurfs blue" debate):

"I hope given the interview with the Sailsbury suspects the idea that Russia could have any serious impact on a US election is fantasy land stuff."

=> I think it does. The Russians thought they could come over to the UK and pop someone they don't like with complete disregard for consequences. The brazenness is what is so astonishing here (just like the brazenness in the US Election campaign where they simply replicated on a bigger scale what they had done earlier in other countries).

Also, the Interview was not intended for the Western intelligence services, it was for the useful western idiot who watches RT. there are enough people out there who will buy this because after all, in a western democracy, much is a PR issue. This is the same way that FoxNews operates. Whether it is a Russian Spy or a Trump family member, they all run to their chosen TV station for a cuddle and one soft-ball interview after another.

"We clearly are not dealing with a soviet era KGB or GRU."

=> Clearly not because they methods have changed. It is now information warfare and for that, they chosen battlefield is the internet. It's so much more effective as we are seeing now.

"8 years Obama had to enact a growth policy....he offered nothing but food stamps."

=> The facts would suggest the longest sustained recovery since 2011 immediately after the worst financial crisis in history in 2008 (although this may depend on exactly HOW you measure the crisis). He also more than halved the unemployment rate from 10% to 4.5%, so trump's "historic" economy is riding on the coat-tails of Obama's sustained recovery.

"The joke in the 90's was that Bill Clinton was the first "black president"...even though he put record number in jail and on the dole queue."

=> the US prison population REALLY started to increase from the mid-80's onwards and if you look at various graphs at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarc..._United_States, you will notice that Clinton was merely continuing a trend that was started under Reagan. It also seems that if you are looking at sheer numbers, Clinton had the "misfortune" to be a two-termer than a Bush Snr. who was a one-termer. So it seems to me that the source for this is in the Reagan years. You could of course say "why didn't Clinton do anything about this? and the answer is I don;t know and I certainly don't have the time to start investigating the effects of US Criminal law in the 80's and 90's. If you are interested, I'm sure there are plenty of forums dedicated to this.

Regarding the Dole queue, US unemployment went from 8% to 4% under Clinton. I don;t see how, despite this, he would have been able to put record numbers of African American on the Dole queue as a percentage of the population.

"There can be little doubt which of the last 4 presidents are really rooting for African Americans and that's why they are leaving the Democratic Party plantation in droves."

=> there appears to be no evidence that African Americans are leaving the Democratic Party "in droves". http://www.people-press.org/2018/03/...groups/2_3-14/ would suggest that their support for the Dems holds around 80 and did so for a long time.

Candace Owens? ok, that explains a lot. My favourite quote of hers is actually: "I became a conservative overnight ... I realized that liberals were actually the racists. Liberals were actually the trolls."

"Became a conservative overnight?" Yeah, right. I suspect that someone from Fox said "Hey, we would like to pay a million bucks to a black person to bash other black people. It fits rather well with our whole vibe. Interested..?"
Old 09-18-2018, 07:28 AM
Cadet

latest Quinniac Poll, question 2:

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as president?

(Amongst Blacks)

Strongly approve 6%
Somewhat approve 3%
somewhat disapprove 15%
strongly disapprove 69%

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release...ReleaseID=2561

Yes, this is a poll asking for a subjective measure but if Trump is supposedly rooting for African Americans, then they don't seem to think that this is the case.

Last edited by Svensson : 09-18-2018 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:22 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectorDave View Post
Illegal aliens are criminals the moment they set foot in a country without going through the proper channels that all the rest of us do. Their first act in the country is a criminal one.
Agreed. But if the powers that be fail to identify and deal with such people in accordance with the laws of whichever land they managed to enter illegally in the first place, some of them may take further illegal advantage of the weaknesses in the system. There will always be a percentage of wronguns in any group of people.

Quote:
Someone jumps the queue in front of me I speak out, I don't sit cowering worried about whether I should "check my privilege".
Good for you, DD. But if the system worked, the illegal queue jumpers would either be stopped and turned around at the point of entry, or be kicked out before you had to speak out.

Love,

Caz
X