X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deleted

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      It's not alluring at all, Fish. Strips, flaps, pieces... who cares?
      You. Apparently. Otherwise you would not consequently swop slips for strips.

If you do NOT care, I look forward to a return to the wording factually used back then.

Itīs a tad funny, however, that I make a long post, discussing the factualities involved in the flap business, what we can know and what we canīt know - and when you answer, you do not even touch on that. Instead you opt for the semantic business, totally uninteresting in comparison...?
      Last edited by Fisherman; 08-10-2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
        just like there's clearly two elves working really hard to keep your brain running.
        Your brain could do with two elves to work it properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
          Yes John Arnold should be looked at. Some won't comment sensibly on John Arnold though as it would ruin there crappy theories on Jack and The Torso Killer being one and the same and who that might be.
          Yes it should be looked at.I agree there were two killers.The manner in which they dealt with the bodies after killing them were too distinct and consistent for ex..The torso killings could have had two or more, at least with knowledge of it.The illegal business/underground tend to have groups.
          Or it was John Arnold who did at least one of the torso killing.

----
          Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
          M. Pacana

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
            not if the Trosoripper were actually two men (or more) working together on both series.
            Hi Abby,

Not so far fetched, imo. This clip refers to Eddowes and Stride.

TWO MURDERERS.

The city detectives then early in the first week of October came to a definite conclusion, namely, that the two women met their death at the hands of different men. It was but taking a single step further to conclude that these two men were acting in collusion

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
              Hi Abby,

Not so far fetched, imo. This clip refers to Eddowes and Stride.

TWO MURDERERS.

The city detectives then early in the first week of October came to a definite conclusion, namely, that the two women met their death at the hands of different men. It was but taking a single step further to conclude that these two men were acting in collusion
              Interesting.The city detectives knew more than us, more than not there goes the single killer theory but no reasons were given.But the collusion part seems to me like the reporter's opinion.

--
              Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
              M. Pacana

Comment

• Originally posted by Varqm View Post
                Interesting.The city detectives knew more than us, more than not there goes the single killer theory but no reasons were given.But the collusion part seems to me like the reporter's opinion.

--
                It does seem like the reporters opinion. It's also worth bearing in mind that the police at the time didn't solve the case so we shouldn't put too much stock on what they say.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                  It does seem like the reporters opinion. It's also worth bearing in mind that the police at the time didn't solve the case so we shouldn't put too much stock on what they say.
                  They only concluded there were two different killers for some reasons but not their identities.

---
                  M. Pacana

Comment

They only concluded there were two different killers for some reasons but not their identities.

---
                    They give the reasons in the clip. See Philadelphia Times, December 3, 1888. I only posted a small portion

Comment

They give the reasons in the clip. See Philadelphia Times, December 3, 1888. I only posted a small portion
                      There should have been a warning.If this is the only reason I take what I said back.
                      The reason is not good - what happened to coincidentally meeting one, after Stride,where they plied their trade like near St.Botolphs church and bringing her to Mitre Square,but the simplest explanation was 2 men doing 2 different things.

---
                      M. Pacana

Comment

There should have been a warning.If this is the only reason I take what I said back.
                        The reason is not good - what happened to coincidentally meeting one, after Stride,where they plied their trade like near St.Botolphs church and bringing her to Mitre Square,but the simplest explanation was 2 men doing 2 different things.

---
                        It was important enough that this news clipping is part of the Metropolitan Police files. MEPO 3/140.

Comment

It was important enough that this news clipping is part of the Metropolitan Police files. MEPO 3/140.
                          But think it through though.It's a good one but there are other explanations.Not enough for a "definite conclusion" or even more so of a collusion.I agree there were 2 killers.Although not the city police,they also said masturbation and eating from the gutter are evidence/criteria for choosing a murderer.So not everything in there is definite.

----
                          M. Pacana

Comment

• I donīt think the time factor has much going for it when it comes to establishing two different killers for Stride and Eddowes - but I absolutely loved this gem from the article:

The city Vidocqs are, taken as a body, a far more intellectual class of men than their brethren of Scotland Yard.

Donīt think Anderson enjoyed that one!
                            Last edited by Fisherman; 08-10-2018, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                              I donīt think the time factor has much going for it when it comes to establishin two different killers for Stride and Eddowes - but I absolutely loved this gem from the article:

The city Vidocqs are, taken as a body, a far more intellectual class of men than their brethren of Scotland Yard.

Donīt think Anderson enjoyed that one!
                              It caught my eye too.

------------

This is not reason enough for a definite conclusion,if there were other reasons then yeah one should defer to them,they were there.

"THE POLICE AT WORK

The ablest officers were detailed to work up the case, but the fullest investigation of the meagre facts at their disposal failed to lead to the apprehension of the murderer. They however arrived at a conclusion which, if correct, tends to explode the almost universally-held theory that these horrible crimes are all the work of a single miscreant. Carefully calculating the time it would take to cover the ground between Berners (sic) street and Mitre Square and having approximately fixed the hour at which each murder was committed they were forced to the conclusion that if the same man murdered both the women Catharine Beddowes (sic) must have met him by appointment in Mitre Square, as the supposition that he found her in this unfrequented place at the exact moment he desired was clearly untenable"

--
                              M. Pacana

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                                Cleary

jerryd recently found that the man who made a confession deemed false may be related to these incidents.

Sheffield Evening Telegraph
                                11 October 1888

AN EXTRAORDINARY STORY

An extraordinary story is going the round of journalistic circles in connection with the mysterious discovery on the Thames Embankment. It will be remembered that the woman's remains were found on the Monday afternoon of last week. The previous evening, however, a man went to most of the daily newspaper offices, saw the respective subeditors[?] and inquired if they had heard of a woman's body being discovered on the Embankment. The man evidently expected remuneration, but, in accordance with practice, was required to call again after inquiries had been made. Reporters were despatched in hot haste to Westminster, and calls were made at all the police stations and other likely quarters, but without result, no discovery of the kind reported having been made. In less than twenty-four hours the remains of the unknown woman were found between the Embankment and Whitehall at the spot previously described. If this reported discovery was a hoax, and a strange coincidence, it is very singular indeed. Moreover, the man who called at the newspaper offices did not call a second time.
                                Interesting.Thanks.

--
                                M. Pacana

Comment

Working...
                                X