Ep. #29- Reign Of Terror: The Double Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep. #29- Reign Of Terror: The Double Event

Thread for discussion of Episode #29 - Reign of Terror: The Double Event.

Featuring the voices of Paul Begg, Gareth Williams, Chris Scott, Ally Ryder and Jonathan Menges.

As always, thanks to everyone who participates and listens to the podcast.

JM

Is Gareth Williams Sam Flynn? I thought his name was Watkins.

Comment

Hello JM, I think your podcasts are fantastic!
      I barely listen to music in my ipod anymore, your rippercasts are always playing.
      A big thanks to you and all the contributors.

regards,
      Will
      Take the chance, while you've still got the choice.

Comment

Thanks Will,

All I listen to on my iPod are podcasts as well.

Never the Rippercast though!

And that is the drawback to doing the show. I started this because I wanted to be able to listen to a Ripper-related podcast in my free time, and although I hear ours twice before I release it, I still feel the need to listen to something else. Follow me? It's very different when you do a podcast as opposed to just subscribing to someone elses.

Not that I'm encouraging competiton, mind you.

Thanks for listening and welcome to the Casebook,

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
          I still feel the need to listen to something else. Follow me? It's very different when you do a podcast as opposed to just subscribing to someone elses.
          It's too bad you couldn't make it to the conference like you had originally planned, Jonathan, as there'll be some corker presentations there.

We're going to see about having a DVD produced containing as many of the presentations as we can, depending upon each speaker's wishes and so forth. We've already got the cameramen contracted to be there, so we'll see what we end up with and what we can release.

Dan Norder
          Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
          Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Dan,

This is excellent news for those of us who are unable to attend - sadly the lottery numbers didn't come up last week and allow me to get those last-minute airfares booked, so a DVD would be a nice consolation. I look forward to more info on it!

And JM, thanks again for the ongoing efforts with the podcast - I've downloaded and will fire up in the car this morning. It's one of those times when I wish the drive to work wasn't so short...

Cheers,
            B.
            Bailey
            Wellington, New Zealand
            hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
            www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Great Podcast Jonathan,

Always wonderful to listen to Chris Scott and Paul Begg.

I think it's a shame the original panel of Howard/Mike/Robert are not on many of the podcasts any more as I thought some of the best podcasts were the earlier D'Onston, Druitt, and Tabram ones. They had a nice debate and flow to them.

Also will there be any more "one on one" podcasts? I suppose the Tumblety one was to a certain degree.

Thanks
              Yatish
              Last edited by Yatish; 10-08-2008, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Yatish,

Thanks for the kind words. I've had some computer problems recently, but you will hear me back on the podcast on a regular basis again.

Robert

Comment

I think it's a shame the original panel of Howard/Mike/Robert are not on many of the podcasts any more as I thought some of the best podcasts were the earlier D'Onston, Druitt, and Tabram ones. They had a nice debate and flow to them....and because Howard is the best looking,more smarter Ripperologist on radio of 'em all- Yatish

Thats what I keep tellin' JM, Yatish ( by the way, the check is one the way )...and so does my agent !! Robert and Mike used to get catered meals ( Bourbon and Vicodin )...and I didn't. Thats why I've been away for a while. Thank you for the kind words and especially the ones I added on that you merely forgot to say.

Comment

hello

I am a big fan of the rippercast, I look forward each week to the next talk with the distinguished guests,and check itunes frequently for the lastest instalment I listen to them on the way to work each morning, when they are available. Keep up the good work Mr Mendes, well done for adding an extra dimension to the resources of the Whitechapel murders.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post
                      It's too bad you couldn't make it to the conference like you had originally planned, Jonathan, as there'll be some corker presentations there.
                      I agree and wish I could have made it, but family and financial concerns had to come first this year. Hopefully Robert will be making a full report, and maybe catch a few interviews while he's there.

Originally posted by Yatish View Post
                      I think it's a shame the original panel of Howard/Mike/Robert are not on many of the podcasts any more
                      This Sunday I expect Howard and Mike, at least, and if we're lucky, Robert as well. No one knows what could come up in the meantime, but as of today that's what I'm planning on. Plus a few other guest co-hosts as well.

Thanks for the compliments on the show everyone,

JM

Comment

I must catch this one and raise some issues with Mr Williams.

By the way, did Gareth mention why he uses Sam Flynn? Its a kinda 'Ahhh' story. Oh how tongues loosened in that bar at Wolves!

Monty
                        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Working...
                        X