Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DVV View Post
    Hi Mike,

Well, this splendid contradiction makes a splendid conclusion.

Amitiés,
    David
    And what of pigs with brights?
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

The mere fact that he sent it to someone outside of the police along with the kidney would make me believe that it was sent by JtR. A killer or any criminal really doesn't like to communicate with the police...at least directly. Most likely, he would believe that they would have some "raw" evidence to get prints, evidence, forensic evidence such as it was back then. Secondly, a majority of correspondence with law enforcement officials is either written off as cranks to begin with and not taken seriously. Or it's either destoryed right off--that box of "cake" just may be a bomb. Lastly, how is the UNSUB going to get it to the police?? He's simply not going to mail it--they can trace it back to where it was sent, and there is no way an UNSUB just going to drive up to headquarters and leave it at the front desk. Even today, UNSUBs leave messages at the scene or communicate via third parties---the press, the media, in the lindbergh case, it was a total stranger. The less of a direct trail back to the UNSUB, the better. If Scotland Yard received a strange box in the mail like the one Lusk received, chances they would've thought it was a Irish bomb and just destroyed. Lastly, JtR didn't even sign the letter---he probably thought that his given moniker was something a "dandy" would use...and he thought that he wouldn't even been taken seriously. I mean, everyone agrees that the Dear Boss letter was a hoax, right?

Comment

For me the fact it was sent to Lusk, the fact that it came with half a Kidney, the fact it was not signed JtR makes this different from the rest.

This does not make it from Jack of course.....just different from all the rest, which were not sent by Jack.

The no communication at the Kelly murder....where he had time and means to leave a message favours all the letters are fake....or that MJK was killed by another hand.

From Hell Letter.
        55% - Real.
        45% - Fake.

But my opinion changes from week to week.
        My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Hello you all!

I don't necessarily consider this letter as Jack's.

But I've wondered at times, if it was written by a left hand to trick the investigators...

Just a thought!

All the best
          Jukka
          "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

I like to think that the FH letter is genuine, well - at least more genuine than the others, something which many people have alluded to thus far.

Wasn't it proven or mentioned that the half kidney sent in the letter matched that of one of the victims as both the victim and the kidney showed signs of Bright's Disease and it matched the other half- or was this never conclusive??

Comment

it was never conclusive. According to contemporary medical reports, the Bright disease was quite common among the people of the East End. Plus it was impossible to prove the kidney belong to a woman.

Comment

Would the From Hell letter have been noticed if it were not for the Kidney? I always assumed it would otherwise have been lost in the flood of letters.
                There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

Hi TomTomKent,

Originally posted by TomTomKent View Post
                  Would the From Hell letter have been noticed if it were not for the Kidney?
                  But then it would have been a different letter.

"I don't send you half the kidne..."

Amitiés,
                  David

Comment

Hi all,

David,

I think it would be like:

"Forgat to send te kidne sor"

How about this question. What if it came with a uterus?
                    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Would Sam Flynn suggest it's from a pig, then ?

Amitiés,
                      David

Comment

Hi David,

No...A horse.
                        Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

A horse? A horse is a horse, of course. Unless the horse...

Comment

Hello Matt!

Well, are you talking about horse or whores?!

All the best
                            Jukka
                            "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Working...
                            X