Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pseudo heroes of horror movies!

Hello you all!

Quite recently I was watching an interview around the Evil Dead. Bruce "Ashley" Campbell presented a nice word describing these guys opening the forbidden doors, heading exactly to the wrong direction and have never seen a horror movie: pseudo-heroes!

So, I decided to start this thread and add my pseudo-heroes:

1. Marion Crane, Psycho; she steals money from her boss. On her drive to Fairvale she does everything to become suspicious in the eyes of the trooper.

2. Lila Crane, Psycho; "she can handle a sick old woman" and is heading to Norman's house and heads exactly to the unsafest spot in the house; the fruit cellar.

3. Ashley Williams, Evil Dead; he just wants them to move on on the cracking bridge, he doesn't realize the dangers of the book of the dead and has his back against the door, etc.

4. Cheryl Williams, Evil Dead; yes, this red-headed kid-sister is the common sense in the beginning of the movie. But moving to the woods with its consequences made her a part of this list.

Oh-oh, a bit sibling-centered. OK, let's have a vote about these pseudo-heroes too!

All the best
    Jukka
    Marion Crane
    25.00%
    Lila Crane
    25.00%
    Ashley Williams
    0.00%
    Cheryl Williams
    0.00%
    Someone else, who?!
    50.00%
    Last edited by j.r-ahde; 08-02-2010, 03:59 PM.
    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Don't know if this is exactly what you had in mind but

Edward Woodwards character in The Wicker Man

Comment

Hello, belinda!

Yes, I think, that his character can be considered as a pseudo-hero!

All the best
      Jukka
      "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Belinda... perfect pick!! and thank you so much for not saying Nick Cage in that terrible TERRIBLE "remake"
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Come! It is time to keep your appointment... with the Wicker Man!!!

Originally posted by belinda View Post
          Edward Woodwards character in The Wicker Man

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wicker-Man-D...0757924&sr=8-2
          Hi Belinda,

My thoughts exactly, Sergeant Howie, of the West Highland Constabulary. Yes, "The Wicker Man". One of my all time favourite films!

Steadmund, "You said it beautifully"!!! All those responsible for that TERRIBLE bloody remake deserve be lured to a remote Scottish island and then stuffed inside a gaint Wicker Man!

"Reverence The Sacrifice"!!!

Best wishes,

Zodiac.
          And thus I clothe my naked villainy
          With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
          And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

Comment

Remake, what remake

Comment

Oh Belinda.. if you really don't know of the remake...please do not search it out.....it may be the worst remake ever made...
              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

I know about it. However I refuse to acknowledge it's existance
                Last edited by belinda; 08-04-2010, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X