Condolences to our UK friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condolences to our UK friends

Yet another ISIS attack and so similar to the one that occurred just a couple months ago.
    RIP innocent souls.

Originally posted by DrummondStreet View Post
    Yet another ISIS attack and so similar to the one that occurred just a couple months ago.
    RIP innocent souls.
    Hard to watch for, or defend these low tech attacks.

I hope all my friends on Casebook are safe and well
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Sorry to hear of more London attacks... Condolences to victims and their families. Best wishes to all Casebook members in London and the U.K., and I hope you are all safe.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
        Hard to watch for, or defend these low tech attacks.

I hope all my friends on Casebook are safe and well
        Very true, however it was impressive how swiftly the London police responded and eliminated the threat. All 3 attackers were shot dead within 8 minutes of the first call to the police. It is a shame that more lives could not have been saved or that the attack happened at all, but the London police were on top of this almost as soon as it happened.

Hopefully, other cities will model their response teams after London's. Sadly, I anticipate many more events like this in major cities across world.

Again, my best wishes to our friends in the UK. I hope all of you and your families are safe. Cheers to the London police and good samaritans who aided the wounded and my deepest sympathy to the innocents who lost their lives.
        Last edited by DrummondStreet; 06-04-2017, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Damnit, I thought all the kumbaya and twitter hashtags were going to bring an end to all this!

Comment

May I thank all for their concern for us in the UK.

I had just left a meeting of the Whitechapel Society and was waiting on a bus to go home when the attack took place. My bus would have normally gone over London Bridge so my timing was fortunate for me.

So very sad; and no reasonable way to combat this behaviour I can see.

The emergency services reacted superbly.

Again thanks to all

Steve

Comment

My deepest condolences.

Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

I had just left a meeting of the Whitechapel Society and was waiting on a bus to go home when the attack took place. My bus would have normally gone over London Bridge so my timing was fortunate for me.

Again thanks to all

Steve
                Thank heavens you are safe, Steve.

Best wishes, Pierre

Comment

Getting worse and worse about these. I feel bad for the victims and their families. Glad that Steve is safe, and I hope all on this Board in London or thereabouts are similarly okay.

Jeff

Comment

Again thanks to all

Steve
                    Glad you weren't caught up in it.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      Glad you weren't caught up in it.
                      Jeff, Pierre and Geoff

Many thanks for those wishes.
                      Have to say am a little shaken by it all but am otherwise fine.

Steve

Comment

And again............

My condolences to all family and friends of the victims and all who witnessed this horrific tragedy.

Sadly, as things stand, I can see no end to this nightmare and no future that does not involve the deaths of innocent people.

Let's all hope that I'm wrong.

In hope

Herlock Sholmes
                        Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 06-04-2017, 04:22 AM. Reason: Typo
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Sincere condolences to all,
                          I love London, I only usually go for the odd day trip, football game, and once me own disastrous ripper tour on my way to watch Wednesday at West ham,
                          I had honestly never heard of Borough market, but I must have been through that way when a couple of us mistakenly got off at London bridge station on the way to Millwall,... bloody long walk that was!
                          What can you do about it?...Its getting quite worrying, "Carry on as normal" is fair enough, but you don't do you?
                          We had armed police at Hillsborough a few weeks ago, after the "Borussia Dortmund" bus thingy, that turned out to be more about finance than terrorism but..
                          Its a bit unnerving to find armed police outside the Leppings lane chippy, when usually its just tubby Owls fans waiting for fish and chips.

Stay safe all

Comment

Jeff, Pierre and Geoff

Many thanks for those wishes.
                            Have to say am a little shaken by it all but am otherwise fine.

Steve
                            Glad to hear your safe and sound el.

More condolences to victims and family.

Comment

One thing certain; good will always triumph over evil because there is more love in this world than hate. We will win and they will lose.
                              JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
                              JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
                              ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X