No announcement yet.

RIP and remember Annie today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always felt a special connection to Annie. It is so sad that there are people in the world who feel that the only way to gain power for themselves is to harm people, particulary those who deserve to be helped, not killed.
    RIP Annie, I'll always remember you.

Comment

"I mustn't give way" : you can hear her voice fighting to survive. She may have fallen a fair way but she was still much higher than her killer.

Comment

Hi Carol, Mayerling, Mads, and Robert.

I agree with what you've said, and I want to thank you for saying it.

I'm sure the Ripper thought he was killing "the lowest of the low" when he slaughtered those poor women, but in truth, when it comes to being a cowardly and utterly wretched human being he was infinitely lower than them.

When I think of the sad lives and suffering that was their lot in this life, I am comforted by the promise in the Gospel of Mathew: "So the last shall be first, and the first shall be last."

Best regards,
        Archaic

PS: Carol, when I was a kid and always asking my parents endless questions about history and in particular the "Why?" of it all, my father told me that he truly believed that "some day all our questions will be answered." He told me he was sure we would be able to "know everything" then, because it just wouldn't be Heaven if we were all left wondering and not knowing for Eternity. He said he had a long list of questions for all of his ancestors and for God.
        So do I.

Comment

Archaic, my father was the hardest working man I'd ever known. He taught me that, for the most part, we make our own breaks in life and usually bring on our own misery. And I know that he was right. He was preparing me for the responsibility I would face as a man.

My mother was a Christian woman who never said an unkind word about anyone. She always had a sympathetic word for those less fortunate; no matter what the cause may have been.

There was a song by Hank Williams that he wrote under the pseudonym of Luke the Drifter that may best express what feel when I think about some of the souls that were in this drama that we share a mutual interest in. It was called Men with Broken Hearts.

One verse went like this:

You have no right to be the judge
          To criticize and condemn
          Just think but for the grace of God
          It could be you instead of him
          One careless step
          Or a thoughtless deed
          And then the misery starts
          And for those who weep
          Death comes cheap
          These men with broken hearts

Last edited by Hunter; 09-15-2011, 02:28 AM.
          Best Wishes,
          Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Working...
          X