X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lodger remake

The Lodger Remake

View the trailer here,
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I will update this thread with IMDB info on the movie when the website is available.
    Regards Mike

Thanks Mike. From that trailer, I'm reserving my excitement. Why is that trailer rated R? Is this a Direct-to-DVD production? I don't see any theatrical release date on IMDb.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

It should recieve a cinematic release, anyway, here is the Internet Movie Database, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0851530/

Stranger still, why is Tia Barr listed as ...... Annie Chapman, will we see a flashback, or has she got the pocket watch from that awful JTR time travelling movie!!
      Regards Mike

Comment

See if you notice anything "familiar" at 0:46 in that trailer. :-)

Comment

Inspiring Serial killers those naughty casebook people

Comment

Originally posted by spryder View Post
            See if you notice anything "familiar" at 0:46 in that trailer. :-)
            I can see a new tag appearing....

Casebook, Inspiring Serial Killers since The Lodger was Remade.

Regards Mike

Comment

I was kind of disappointed to see that they had moved the story to modern times - makes it lacking in atmosphere. In Hitchcock's film the fog and the old english environment plays a pretty important part for the overall cinematic experience.
              Not to mention that the set has been moved to USA instead of England - how typical Hollywood.

Seems to me this has become just abother one of those many American serial killer movies, with very little in common with Belloc Lowndes original novel.

Apart from that, the film seems to be better and a bit more interesting than general movies of this type and genre so it might be worthy a watch nevertheless. And I've always liked Molina.

All the best
              The Swedes are the Men that Will not Be Blamed for Nothing

Comment

A review of The Lodger remake:

JM

Comment

Kurt Loder's pretty bad review of The Lodger.

Sorry the video or page cannot be found. The page may have been removed, had its name changed, or is just temporarily unavailable. Please use search or visit our home page. Thank you.

JM

Comment

It's not looking good.

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/lodger

Will
                    Take the chance, while you've still got the choice.

Comment

Yikes!

The New York Times

“The Lodger” is a spooky story ruined by lumpen dialogue, cloddish performances and a director and writer (David Ondaatje) oblivious to both.

"When not distracted by Street’s playful sweater vests, Chandler is obsessively Googling Ripper Web sites..."

Pretty spot on, I'd say. It looks like the producers did at least some research.

JM

Comment

Loved the tip of the hat to Casebook. But if you notice, the obviously fake pages that come up on Google has one site, right above Casebook's entry, that describes JtR as the "notorious murderer of six prostitutes in Victorian London." Nice.

I agree with the NYT review, although I think Molina did well with what he had and the story tried to be interesting.

Comment

Saw the movie today... I went in with really, really low expectations, after reading all the horrible reviews. In the end, I don't think it was as awful as some have made it out to be. Its definitely a B-movie, there are serious plot-holes, some of the acting and writing is bad, but like LTowell said, it tried to be interesting and to keep the viewer guessing. I would say it was "watchable", which is hollow praise to be sure, but certainly a bit more fair than many of the reviews I've read. :-)

Comment

"Watchable" is right.

Did anyone else notice that the film The Lodger flashed the Emily Ruth Chapman photo (one given by the family to Neal Shelden, only to use with permission in a non-exploitive way etc) on the screen during the "hooker" murder that supposedly coincided with the Chapman murder?

Interesting.

JM

Comment

saw this on the net last week...one word describes it...AWFUL,
                              bad acting and a terrible script...avoid at all costs

Comment

Working...
                              X