Farmer victim or hoax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmer victim or hoax?

Complete and utter nonsense she was a opportunist thief that tried to steal from a punter and when he found out he was getting fleeced got understandably upset got angry and she cried wolf! If she had met JTR she wouldn't have been breathing for to long after!!!!!!!SIMPLE

As with nearly everything concerning JTR, we will never fully know what happened and while there is about 1% chance of Farmer being a victim of the Ripper, I wholly agree with what you say! Lol
    Best regards,
    Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

I just recently read about this attack and, I have to say, I was surprised I did not come across it earlier or that it hasn't been discussed all that much on this website. For those that are unfamilar with this incident, what happened was Annie Farmer was a prostitute who picked up a client on the 21st of November, 1888, who gave her some money and afterwards agreed to go with him in the bedroom of a lodging house. About an hour and a half later, the man runs out and Annie comes down the stairs with her neck cut. The man was never apprehended, but he was seen by a few witnesses across the street fleeing from the lodging house. Annie's cuts were not really severe and she was able to get them treated.

I, for one, think this may have been an aborted attack by Jack The Ripper. What I personally think he was trying to do is this: His last murder on Mary Kelly was probably the ultimate thrill for him, thus far. He was able to fulfill most of his fantasies in the comfort and privacy of her room. So, he probably figures doing this in private is much more suitable than in the streets of Whitechapel. So, he picks up Annie Farmer and lets her lead him back to this bedroom, where he intends to pull off another "Mary Kelly" job. However, for soem reason, something goes wrong. Either Annie puts up much more of a fight or maybe they were interrupted by another guest in the house. Either way, Jack had to abort the attack for fear of being apprehended and so, darts off into the night.

Anyone think this plausible?
      I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

I just finished reading Le livre Rouge de Jack L'Éventreur by Stéphane Bourgoin (the Red Book of Jack the Ripper)
        I don't know about his sources (the book is a non fiction, and he doesn't produce his opinion about who was JtR), but he says that she was screaming in the streets about being attacked by JtR. She had some light wound at her throat, made by a dull blade knife, and she had coins hidden in her mouth. She had stolen them from a potential customer and ran away screaming he was the ripper. The wound was self inflicted.

Now, this is strange. On the other hand, Bourgoin's book seem well documented.
        Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
        - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Working...
        X