Martin Fido discovery 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
    I believe Adrian was the first to discover Joseph Martin's obituary which mentions him as the Met police mortuary photographer, as well as the interview where Martin specifically mentions taking the Ripper victim photographs (except Eddowes). RJM ties Martin to not only the Met mortuary photos but the crime scene photos in Millers Court.

JM
    Thanks for clarifying Jon,

I’ve just done a brief trawl of Robs book and whilst Viper is mentioned, I couldn’t find any indication as to who initially sourced Martin’s working life.

Monty
    🙂
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
      Hi Monty,

Just read your Post #19.

What a sorry state of affairs.

Trust you're well.

Simon
      I am thanks Simon.

Hope you are also.

Regards
      Neil
      Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
        Thanks for clarifying Jon,

I’ve just done a brief trawl of Robs book and whilst Viper is mentioned, I couldn’t find any indication as to who initially sourced Martin’s working life.

Monty
        🙂
        Viper has a dissertation on here about the articles he found that I could probably locate and link to if I wasn't typing on a telephone.

JM

Comment

A Ripper Notes article.

Monty
          🙂
          Monty

Comment

I had no idea that the people involved with that con did those things, I only heard of some rivalry. Well, that explains a lot and judging by their own description of Fido's talk in advance it was completely over hyped as the biggest discovery in 20 yrs??
            I just wanted to find out what was discovered since it seemed like it was a big deal. False advertising I guess judging by Martin's answer.

Comment

The reason that conference is not mentioned here, yet the East End Conference is, is because the organisers of the 2018 EE conf didn’t threaten the wife of the owner of this site, or to have a prominent Ripperologist beaten up,
              I have been looking at this post again and again and this part about a Ripperologist been beaten up is frankly mind-blowing considering the topic is JtR, an unknown person who went around assaulting people.
              Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

What’s all this to do with Martins new revelation?

You heard huh?

You have heard what? 100 people attending the conference last month, the majority of whom are newbies to the case, recruited vi the hijacking various Facebook groups.

The reason that conference is not mentioned here, yet the East End Conference is, is because the organisers of the 2018 EE conf didn’t threaten the wife of the owner of this site, or to have a prominent Ripperologist beaten up, nor lied to their delegates nor demanded that a Podcast to break up a working agreement by lying about speakers, claiming unless they complied, publishers “have already agreed with him” that their authors would NOT appear on their show (this despite sending mentioned authors a message admitting it was all bullshit, and that it was done to put the squeeze on the podcasts ownership). All of this lead to the banning of that conference from this website.

I could carry on. However...

The 2018 East End Conf was organised as an alternative, for those who wish to have nothing to do with the organisers of the Jack the Ripper True Crime once in a lifetime couldn’t do it all without the support of the field free wine reception or whatever it’s called this week conference.

All of which has nothing to do with Martin Fidos great revelation. Which is unfortunate.

Monty.
                Hello Neil,

I hope you are well?

Now before I start, I've no beef to eat here. Just want to state a few things as I know them.
                I read this rather one sided version of events with alacrity.

The majority of attendees to the Conference were not, as you state, "newbies" at all. Many whom attended were long time enthusiasts.
                Also, there was no such hijacking of any Facebook site, and the people attending were not gathered to the conference through such an action.
                The so called hijacking you referred to, had nothing whatsoever to do with the conference, but had a lot to do with how two sites were being taken over by one particular person, I put those words in cautiously, who decided off their own bat, without the consent nor knowledge of all other admins, to hand control to one person who made, in the other admins' views, serious errors of judgement in who was allowed into the groups.
                This was seen in very quick time, and two sites were set up to empty the original sites of the members, ALL of whom have shown great thanks. I should know. I was one of those admins, and still am.
                As far as I am aware, both sets of sites have now nothing to do with each other, and exist peacefully.
                Any reference to stealing people for the sake of conference delegates is entirely false.

As regards the other accusations made against a certain single person.. It is rather unfair to state such when said person is unable to answer these accusations. True or not. That is why your post is one sided.

Now. Your post is, in my opinion, doing no good at all.
                There are two conferences in the UK each year. Both seem to operate without a problem...at different times each year and in different places. Let it be.

As I said. I've no beef to eat here. But as I was DIRECTLY involved in one of the things you falsely accuse
                another person of doing, and you were not, I suggest, humbly, that you take heed of the facts as they actually happened. I know exactly what happened.

As I recall, a few years ago, it was said on this site that all mention of the person or events surrounding that conference were unwelcome. No mention until this thread has occurred. I see no reason for it to be mentioned again, it can cause ill will.

As I said. I hope you are well.

Regards

Phil
                Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                Accountability? ....

Comment

Phil,

I’m too long in the tooth for your passive aggression to make impact, let’s cut to the chase shall we?

However, before we do, to clarify, have you been sent in as nightwatchman, or are you batting for him because, well, you are a knight in shining armour and he has been unfairly maligned?

I’m sure there were a few experienced enthusiasts (such a give away word isn’t it?) at that conference, however the majority were newbies. I’m equally sure a similar balance shall struck at next months EE conf. The point is moot on that aspect. Where it isn’t moot is the fact no one has decided to post about Martins great revelation...which happens to be no great revelation at all, Merely hyperbole, or ignorance, depending on from whom Kinroid obtained this form of ‘false advertising”*.

With regards the FB antics, I had actually forgotten about that particular incident you mention, and was referring to something else. In reference to the situation you raise, I’ve only heard about that via word of mouth, so it would be indeed unfair of me to comment.

The ill will had already occurred, it’s there, you can’t put it back in the box. The person concerned has no defence, as he has admitted and apologised for all their actions I’ve mentioned barring the hijacking of FB groups. Yet, despite these apologies, they carry on. Why do you wish it all to be hushed up? This is surprising coming from one who demands transparency

We have two conferences. One which is ran by for those happy to attend this persons events, and one for those who are happy to attend an alternative. Most attendees are ignorant of the situation, and the rest do not care. However, it needs to be made clear, this schism isn’t down to rivalry between conferences, it’s doen to the unacceptable behaviour of an individual.

Monty

*Not my wording
                  Monty

Comment

Perhaps Phil is unaware that one of the Ripper Facebook groups he currently admins was originally created by two fake Facebook profiles, Harry Aston and Kevin Stafford, and filled with hundreds of phony spam "friend finder" accounts.

JM

Comment

Phil,

I’m too long in the tooth for your passive aggression to make impact, let’s cut to the chase shall we?

However, before we do, to clarify, have you been sent in as nightwatchman, or are you batting for him because, well, you are a knight in shining armour and he has been unfairly maligned?

I’m sure there were a few experienced enthusiasts (such a give away word isn’t it?) at that conference, however the majority were newbies. I’m equally sure a similar balance shall struck at next months EE conf. The point is moot on that aspect. Where it isn’t moot is the fact no one has decided to post about Martins great revelation...which happens to be no great revelation at all, Merely hyperbole, or ignorance, depending on from whom Kinroid obtained this form of ‘false advertising”*.

With regards the FB antics, I had actually forgotten about that particular incident you mention, and was referring to something else. In reference to the situation you raise, I’ve only heard about that via word of mouth, so it would be indeed unfair of me to comment.

The ill will had already occurred, it’s there, you can’t put it back in the box. The person concerned has no defence, as he has admitted and apologised for all their actions I’ve mentioned barring the hijacking of FB groups. Yet, despite these apologies, they carry on. Why do you wish it all to be hushed up? This is surprising coming from one who demands transparency

We have two conferences. One which is ran by for those happy to attend this persons events, and one for those who are happy to attend an alternative. Most attendees are ignorant of the situation, and the rest do not care. However, it needs to be made clear, this schism isn’t down to rivalry between conferences, it’s doen to the unacceptable behaviour of an individual.

Monty

*Not my wording
                      Hello Neil,

I'm afraid your length of tooth has tasted the wrong flavour in this instance. No aggression, passive or otherwise, was intended. So that's clear.

As far as being sent in to bat on behalf of, or in place if, another, I will clarify in one word. No.
                      I was made aware of this post through my own browsing only. I've no time for playing second fiddle to anyone.
                      Clear enough I hope?

There were more than a "few" experienced enthusiasts present. And as regard the comment if "newbies", we were all one once, so that is only a positive thing to me, continuing interest in the subject spreading. As far as the word "enthusiast", Stewart Evans describes himself as such. Perhaps you would deem that a "give away" too?

As I said earlier, I find it unfair that accusations, true or not, be levied against a person unable to answer for themselves. I don't care who it is. I'd say the same if it were you. Therefore, no possible good can come of attacking ANY individual unable to respond. I am certainly not going to answer for them on any point. I refer only to my own involvement, directly, either via Facebook or browsing here.

I repeat however, it is totally false to claim that attendees of a conference were through a fb page being hijacked. It just isn't true. The last three conferences, to my knowledge, run by the individual, all attracted between 95 and 125 people.

So.. As you can see, I'm not batting for anyone, and don't particularly like the implication either. I'm too old and too damned tired to fight battles. I've enough to do in that sense with my own life. I'm just writing As I know it.

As previously written. I hope you are well.

Best regards

Phil
                      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                        Perhaps Phil is unaware that one of the Ripper Facebook groups he currently admins was originally created by two fake Facebook profiles, Harry Aston and Kevin Stafford, and filled with hundreds of phony spam "friend finder" accounts.

JM
                        Hello JM,

I am aware of more than you would imagine, pro and against a few individuals. I prefer to remain quiet about them. Why? Because I regard discussing individuals, named or not, in public, without them having the opportunity to respond, as just plain wrong. That includes very serious twitter accusations I've seen.

Therefore I believe this post has gone off topic, don't you? I opine that if individuals have problems with each other, sort it out in private or face to face. But hey, that's just the way I walk.

Phil
                        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
                          I have been looking at this post again and again and this part about a Ripperologist been beaten up is frankly mind-blowing considering the topic is JtR, an unknown person who went around assaulting people.
                          Hello Batman,

I can speak from personal experience. Very occasionally(thankfully) such threats occur. In my case, I was verbally threatened in written word on another site by another person, whilst I was sitting in a hospital bed awaiting a serious kidney operation. The person in question also even doubted I was actually in hospital at all...
                          The post was witnessed by many before it got taken down. I just put it down to complete ignorance and stupidity.

Yes, it happens. Thankfully very rarely. Please note.. I am not referring to any specific incident mentioned previously other than my own. Only the person(s) themselves can do that, imho.

Best regards

Phil
                          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                            Hello Batman,

I can speak from personal experience. Very occasionally(thankfully) such threats occur. In my case, I was verbally threatened in written word on another site by another person, whilst I was sitting in a hospital bed awaiting a serious kidney operation. The person in question also even doubted I was actually in hospital at all...
                            The post was witnessed by many before it got taken down. I just put it down to complete ignorance and stupidity.

Yes, it happens. Thankfully very rarely. Please note.. I am not referring to any specific incident mentioned previously other than my own. Only the person(s) themselves can do that, imho.

Best regards

Phil
                            I remember that, Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                              Why? Because I regard discussing individuals, named or not, in public, without them having the opportunity to respond, as just plain wrong.
                              Except of course when you attack an unnamed publisher of the memoirs of Lady Lucan by calling it a cash grab and agreeing with a poster who suggests that, as Lady Lucan was deceased at the time of the books release, said unnamed publisher could have just made the whole thing up.
                              I could pull out at least a dozen more examples of your hypocrisy but I agree that it would detract from the purpose of this thread.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                                I remember that, Phil.
                                Yes, sadly, so do I.
                                These things happen.

Best regards

Phil
                                Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment