• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rosemary View Post
    Difference between Richard & Garry??
    Two different people.

Both clever.

Richard does some cool stuff with video. Garry tends to stick (I think) with still enhancements.

I was trying to put you on alert for Richard's work as well.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Basically Garry finds photos and cleans them up.

Richard turns things into 3D images and the like.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• try at colouring
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by harry View Post
          try at colouring
          Pretty good Harry.
          G U T

Comment

• Thanks gut.Haven't tried colouring for a long while.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks gut.Haven't tried colouring for a long while.
              On my monitor can barely see this one, very very dark.
              G U T

Comment

• Very pleased this thread was revived, as I had missed it from my earlier trawls through the site.
                Such evocative and memorable pictures, whether as taken or the enhanced versions.
                These pictures are a credit to all who were involved with them.
                That is the original photographers and those that have made them spring to life with the modern effects.

Comment

• Gut,
                  Another one,different time of day.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Gut,
                    Another one,different time of day.
                    Brilliant thanks Harry.
                    G U T

Comment

• Thankyou for these beautiful photos! It's amazing how enhancements can put you right in the moment.

Comment

• Faro

Has anyone ever done a 3D Virtual re-creation of a ripper crime scene, like CSI & FARO?
                        From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
                        "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

• Hi, Yes, I've tried to do some 3D's but they are not to a high standard really. There is a 3D of Berner St. (Dutfield's Yard) and I've done a few 3D's of Miller's court and No. 13.

Here's Dutfield's Yard:
                          A silent movie walk through of Dutfield's Yard, Berner Street. Murder location of Elizabeth Stride - Jack the Ripper's 3rd Canonical Victim.

and:
                          A black and white vintage film showing the interior of Dutfield's Yard in Berner Street. Location of Elizabeth Stride's Murder at the hands of Jack the Rippe...

And here is Miller's Court:
                          A CGI render of the three crime scene photographs of 13 Miller's Court. Rendered from the original camera perspective. The photographs are known as MJK1, MJK...

I am at this moment working on a 3D of Hanbury Street. it's a mash-up of the fronts of No 29 (the well known photo) with the camera slowing entering the front door of 29 and proceeding down the hall toward and through the back door to show the garden and the back steps where Annie Chapman was found.

All the details - 3D and other Youtube links can be found on my website (link in the signature below.

Originally posted by Rosemary View Post
                          Has anyone ever done a 3D Virtual re-creation of a ripper crime scene, like CSI & FARO?
                          JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
                          JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
                          ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

• 3D

Thank you Richardh, that was amazing.
                            From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
                            "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

• Originally posted by avvie View Post
                              Thankyou for these beautiful photos! It's amazing how enhancements can put you right in the moment.
                              Welcome to casebook Avvie.
                              G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by richardh View Post
                                Not an image enhancement but a merge that I thought I put here
                                As ever, Richard, very clever stuff. I have the feeling that you and people like you will eventually create a whole new visual experience for those of us who harbour a fascination for the social history of the Victorian East End.

Originally posted by Rosemary View Post
                                What stunning work you have achieved. Actually, that's too poor an adjective. You've made it live for me in all its sadness, hardness, but occasional spots of joy. Still the woman and baby, and girl holding baby, barefoot. Speechless.

I cannot thank you enough.
                                Thank you very much, Rosemary.

Originally posted by harry View Post
                                try at colouring
                                That’s one of the best colouring effects I’ve ever seen, Harry. Well done, Sir.

Originally posted by hanway3 View Post
                                Such evocative and memorable pictures, whether as taken or the enhanced versions.
                                Very kind, Hanway. It’s most gratifying to know that you and others have enjoyed the thread.

Originally posted by avvie View Post
                                Thankyou for these beautiful photos! It's amazing how enhancements can put you right in the moment.
                                Thanks for your kind comments, Avvie. It’s most pleasing to know that others share my fascination with these and similar such images.

Comment

Working...
                                X