Probibility of Martha Tabram Being a JtR Victim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
    Cheers Jon. Just out of interest, is that the Sidney Street of seige fame do you know?
    Yes, that`s the one

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      It no longer exists, Josh. It's now covered by Watney Market, just off Commercial Road. The map extract below shows Watney Market/Devonshire St over to the right, with Henriques/Berner St on the left.
      Gotcha. Is this definitely the one Kidney lived in, or could it be the one off Cambridge Heath Road near Lechmere?

It's certainly an interesting area, although it must be nearly half a mile from Berner St, which is actually about the same distance from Thrawl St too.
      In the immediate vicinity of Devonshire Street can be found, in no particular order; Martha St, Ann St, Upper and Lower Chapman St, Mary St, Jane St....it's easy to see where a local killer might have got his inspiration!

Comment

• My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• that`s it, nice one, Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
            Is this definitely the one Kidney lived in, or could it be the one off Cambridge Heath Road near Lechmere?
            Sven Ollsen, Clerk of the Swedish Church, at the inquest:

[Coroner] Where has she been living lately? - I have nothing to show. Two years ago she gave her address as Devonshire-street, Commercial-road.

Comment

• Curious how Kidney wanted to change from Dorset Street,as per his testimony,to Devonshire Street again afterwards.
              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Oops. This Tabram thread seems to be turning into a Stride thread. Compared to the Canonicals, Martha doesn't get much air-time, so let's get back to her.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Since the 38 stabs were first, I don't understand why Martha wasn't screaming her head off, do you?

curious
                  Last edited by curious; 08-24-2017, 05:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by curious View Post
                    Since the 38 stabs were first, I don't understand why Martha wasn't screaming her head off, do you?
                    And since many of the stabs were through her lungs, she would almost certainly have been spraying a mist of blood, if still breathing (which I don't remember the doctor's report saying anything about). Is this evidence that she was already dead?

Comment

• Originally posted by curious View Post
                      Since the 38 stabs were first, I don't understand why Martha wasn't screaming her head off, do you?

curious
                      4 possibilities spring to mind, Curious

Strangled unconscious
                      Knocked out cold on the head
                      Hand over the mouth
                      She did scream

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                        It was east of Cannon Street Road, next to Star Street.
                        Is that close to Star Place, where Tabram once lived, Gary ?

Comment

• A question I raised very early in this thread is that of the question of 2 weapons. I believe that Ive read that multiple stab wounds with more than one weapon is often result of the failure of the first weapon used and another weapon being chosen based on ready availability, not because the attacker had 2 weapons from the start.

Unless we have some wound that reflects that the smaller pen knife broke during the attack, the likelihood that the same offender used another weapon that was not available at the scene is lessened.

We also have evidence that a soldier questioned near the site of the attack said he was waiting for a buddy who went off with a girl, so it seems soldiers were travelling in pairs that night. Which is a reasonable explanation for 2 weapons being readily available at the scene.
                          Michael Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                            4 possibilities spring to mind, Curious

Strangled unconscious
                            Knocked out cold on the head
                            Hand over the mouth
                            She did scream
                            Hi Jon/all
                            since there was evidence of strangulation-id go with option one.
                            "Is all that we see or seem
                            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                              Is that close to Star Place, where Tabram once lived, Gary ?
                              Yes, Jon, I believe so. It's location is not obvious from the OS maps, but the 1881 census lists the Bousfields in Star Place between Star Street and Morris Street.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                                Yes, Jon, I believe so. It's location is not obvious from the OS maps, but the 1881 census lists the Bousfields in Star Place between Star Street and Morris Street.
                                It shows up nicely on the Ripper map posted above, at the south end of Star Steet.

Comment

Working...
                                X