No announcement yet.

homosexual serial killers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Colin Ireland? He's allegedly straight and killed homosexuals, I know it's the reverse of what was asked.
    Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.
    Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

I doubt he's actually straight. Straight men who kill homosexuals tend not to hang out in gay bars on a repeated basis trolling for victims. My guess is deep denial and repression.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Yeah, I agree, that's why I said "allegedly".
        Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.
        Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPassenger View Post
          There's enough of a sexual element there to safely assume that the killer was a heterosexual male.
          Well, since you can only assume that the Killer was a heterosexual then I guess we can not rule out a homosexual.

How can you profile a killer who killed 130 years ago. Social presures are so different now. If you can not understand that then I can not explain it to you.

Did the Ripper have sex with his victims?

Your friend, Brad

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
            I doubt he's actually straight. Straight men who kill homosexuals tend not to hang out in gay bars on a repeated basis trolling for victims. My guess is deep denial and repression.
            Hi Ally,

Because he does not match the profile Colin Ireland must be gay. A man who is in denial. Okay, I guess.

What better place for a person who wants to target gay men to hang out then gay bars. If I wanted to kill gay men, I just might stop in the old gay pub for a beer.

Your friend, Brad

Comment

Originally posted by Victor View Post
              What about Colin Ireland? He's allegedly straight and killed homosexuals, I know it's the reverse of what was asked.
              He killed easy targets to get famous - although childhood abuse and virtual omnisexual experiences meant he could move easily within gay circles.

Originally posted by celee View Post
              Well, since you can only assume that the Killer was a heterosexual then I guess we can not rule out a homosexual.

How can you profile a killer who killed 130 years ago. Social presures are so different now. If you can not understand that then I can not explain it to you.

Did the Ripper have sex with his victims?

Your friend, Brad
              While respecting historical situatedness, sexual preferences do not change to quite the extent you imply. There is no logic at all, nor any evidence, that a gay man has ever killed women to take "his frustrations" out. However, there's plenty of evidence that the Ripper was more likely than not, heterosexual.

Comment

Here is a scan of a letter Colin Ireland sent a friend of mine - she has given me this letter because of the handprint he drew (as she knows my interest in "true crime").
                Attached Files

Comment

That's of abiding interest, Adam, but my eyes struggle with reading his scrawl. I've got a new one coming soon so I'll have to read it then.
                  Somewhere I have a Christmas card that Richard Ramirez sent a girl I used to see years ago in Germany... must dig it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
                    That's of abiding interest, Adam, but my eyes struggle with reading his scrawl. I've got a new one coming soon so I'll have to read it then.
                    Somewhere I have a Christmas card that Richard Ramirez sent a girl I used to see years ago in Germany... must dig it out.
                    You mean you write with Ireland personally? ("Ive got a new one coming soon")....

Comment

I would agree that Ireland is likely at least a latent homosexual. That said, and they aren't usually serial killers, there is the concept of the hate crime which can't be totally eliminated as a possibility.
                      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by celee View Post
                        Hi Ally,

Because he does not match the profile Colin Ireland must be gay. A man who is in denial. Okay, I guess.

What better place for a person who wants to target gay men to hang out then gay bars. If I wanted to kill gay men, I just might stop in the old gay pub for a beer.

Your friend, Brad

First, I never said profile. I would never say profile because I don't believe in profiling. What I am talking about his behavior and logic. And logically most people who dislike gays enough to target them as a group for killing are not going to waltz into numerous gay bars and choose to spend time socializing with them on numerous days where they never targeted a single person and never selected a victim. People who have targeted gays in the past, choose them coming OUT of gay bars without contaminating themselves by going in and hanging out with them day in and day out.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

The whole point of killing gay men is the 'repulsion factor'.
                          They hate them to a passion where to even look at one means they would have to suppress their anger.
                          Hence in the past gay-killers have even tortured gay men to almost make them repent their 'sin' if you will.

Comment

Sorry, Adam, I meant I am getting a new eye soon.

Comment

'And logically most people who dislike gays enough to target them as a group for killing are not going to waltz into numerous gay bars and choose to spend time socializing with them on numerous days where they never targeted a single person and never selected a victim. People who have targeted gays in the past, choose them coming OUT of gay bars without contaminating themselves by going in and hanging out with them day in and day out.'

Well done, Ally, you have just summarised my entire thinking about the motives and reasoning behind the Whitechapel Murders.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
                                Sorry, Adam, I meant I am getting a new eye soon.
                                I wondered - thought the Ireland letter might be more feasable well good luck with that!

Comment

Working...
                                X