"lvp"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "lvp"?

Forgive the naive question, but what does "LVP" stand for, please?

Edited to add:

And why has my my post heading - carefully typed in upper case - changed to lower case?

Bert
    Last edited by Bert Coules; 09-06-2008, 11:09 AM.

Late Victorian Period?

Comment

Limehouse,

Thanks for that. I must go back to the (many) posts which puzzled me and see if it makes sense in context.

Edited to add:

...whch would have been a good thing to do, except that the forum search engine reports "No matches found". Perhaps I was dreaming this morning, when I kept coming across the acronym all over the shop. This place - appropriately enough - seems to harbour mysteries of its own...

Bert
      Last edited by Bert Coules; 09-06-2008, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Hi Bert,
        Originally posted by Bert Coules View Post
        the forum search engine reports "No matches found".
        Google found 463. Copy this string into your address bar, and you'll find them too
        [HTML]http://www.google.com/search?q=lvp+inurl:casebook.org&filter=0[/HTML]
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Sam,

Thanks for that; fascinating, and the suggested meaning does indeed work in context, so thanks again to Limehouse. But why didn't the forums' own search engine pick up the references, I wonder?

And then there's the Mystery of the Missing Uppercase Letters. For what it's worth, I wondered if the inverted commas were to blame, and tried leaving spaces:

" LVP "

This was rendered "Lvp"...

Bert

Comment

As for why the letters get reduced to lowercase, almost all forum software packages have a feature in them that is designed to prevent SHOUTING. So whatever the default setting is for thread titles, ..1, 2, whatever, that would be the number of all uppercase letters that would be allowed to appear in a title sequentially in a row without the remainder getting reduced to lowercase.

As for why the forum search engines didn't pick up LVP, I dunno. Because it is evil and prejudiced against you and wanted to provide you with two absolute catastrophes to really start your day out right?

Let all Oz be agreed;
            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
              As for why the forum search engines didn't pick up LVP, I dunno. Because it is evil and prejudiced against you and wanted to provide you with two absolute catastrophes to really start your day out right?
              Ah, the obvious solution, which somehow I had overlooked...

Bert

Comment

Working...
              X