No announcement yet.

No limits to immigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny you should put this up here because just yesterday I got in the mail a book I had gotten for Christmas from my grandmother, the Wonders of Life on Earth, when I was a girl. I was not so much into the book as into the fact it was a big book and from my grandmother and had lots of pictures of dinosaurs and turtles and stuff.I lost the book years ago and saw it on ebay recently.

Well it was a kind of homesick thing, so I ordered the book. I told my husband really I was content as a girl to play in the woods, learn all the names of birds, animals, trees, flowers, I didn't like school. It took me away from the woods behind our house.

'School' did not used to exist, way back. The ones that did existed for the rich, I would've been in those days relagated to the girls don't get educated.

But if I could, I would say it's so nice to stay at home, learn a trade, learn to read and then pursue education on my own. But it would've narrowed my field of interests, in school I was forced to move in directions I never would have.

So, in one way, going to a religious school could narrowthe field for a population, make them a small pool, separated from society in a way. Like the Amish.

But then again, if it's affordable, reality is pretty hard to fight.

Personally, I think the old 'divide and conquer' is still also a reality. Diversity is division.

I sound like Tolkien's elf advice. Don't mean to. These are just my thoughts.

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." ― Gildor Inglorion.
    Last edited by Beowulf; 12-28-2012, 05:25 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

• I went to a CoE school for a year, and was miserable the whole time. Part of that was because I was a furriner, and never allowed to forget it.
      “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Working...
      X