Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
General Discussion: The Weapon - by Batman 21 minutes ago.
General Discussion: The Weapon - by Busy Beaver 38 minutes ago.
General Discussion: The Weapon - by Sam Flynn 2 hours ago.
General Discussion: Mary Kelly Jack the Ripper celebrity ghost box session interview - by Batman 3 hours ago.
General Discussion: The Weapon - by Busy Beaver 3 hours ago.
General Discussion: Mary Kelly Jack the Ripper celebrity ghost box session interview - by Busy Beaver 3 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - (5 posts)
General Discussion: The Weapon - (4 posts)
General Discussion: Mary Kelly Jack the Ripper celebrity ghost box session interview - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > Maybrick, James

Old 09-14-2017, 06:45 AM
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J. G. View Post
Kaz is just genuinely emotional right now, because the big bad naysayers are naysaying her bestest and most favourite story in the whole world.

Odd to see such behaviour from a supposedly grown adult, mind. I wonder whether some of these people have kids, and if so, how do they act in front of them?

The opposite.

Thanks (on behalf of Robert) for bumping this thread up and up and up though, all 500 have sold out
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:48 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post

The opposite.

Thanks (on behalf of Robert) for bumping this thread up and up and up though, all 500 have sold out
No worries, if I can bring any small shred of joy to your obviously otherwise complicated and incomplete life, then you just let me know, lol.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:49 AM
Detective

Quote:
No worries, if I can bring any small shred of joy to your obviously otherwise complicated and incomplete life, then you just let me know, lol.
Have you any scientific proof for this being the case?

Old 09-14-2017, 06:51 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
No worries mate. it very well could have been material acquired from an advanced country here on Earth, just nothing my dad was familiar with. Like I said he never said he thought it was from a UFO.

Off topic so lets get back to something much more believable. ; )
I do enjoy the story, I'm a bit of a nerd for all sorts of paranormal and cryptid stuff, I've just become less and less swayed by it all over the years through bits of research in my spare time.

I'm a huge Bigfoot nerd, as you can probably tell, lol. I don't go on about it much, though!
Old 09-14-2017, 06:53 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Have you any scientific proof for this being the case?

If I did, I'd share them with an adult who was capable of understanding it, Kaz.

Now, back on topic.

I gave you 4 errors, can you refute any of them, and can you give me 4 examples of the diary being genuine?

This is the third time I've asked today, and it kind of seems like you're avoiding it.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:56 AM
Detective

Quote:

I gave you 4 errors, can you refute any of them, and can you give me 4 examples of the diary being genuine?

This is the third time I've asked today, and it kind of seems like you're avoiding it.
Indeed.

You clearly have zero respect for my opinion so I'll point you in the direction to a book by robert smith.

He has ALL of the answers (I kid you not)
Old 09-14-2017, 06:57 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by John G View Post
Clearly some people really struggle with basic statistics. Thus, there are no recorded examples of the phrase "one-off", being used prior to 1903 (and then only in an engineering context-it would be decades later before the phrase entered common usage.)

Therefore, the chances of a single example appearing in a disputed diary with zero provenance, supposedly originating from years earlier, are astronomical. It would mean, for instance, that James Maybrick was not only the first person in recorded history to use the phrase, but no one else is recorded as doing so for more than a decade, and then in a very different technical context.

The odds against that happening must be at least several hundred million to one against, I.e. on the basis that the phrase could have originated from any individual, capable of writing English, over that period.
This has been my point all along regarding the chance and probability of the whole saga.

People are oddly quick to make a pass for so many glaring issues, and it's kind of perplexing.

James Maybrick is being put forth as a man who invented phrases, drank in pub's that didn't exist, wrote in two entirely different hands, could predict the future, and not only that, but on the side, he was the world's most notorious and successful murderer, evading capture, only to be thwarted by arsenic, and finding himself involved, post-mortem, in a massive poisoning case that had the world paying attention.

A man of many talents.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:59 AM
WWotW

Hi Kaz,

Just pointing out that you stated there were several experts who said that the Diary had no linguistic anachronisms. Still waiting for you to list them.

Evidence of your claims. Proof, if you will. Still waiting. Or would you like to retract that statement?

Let all Oz be agreed;
I'm Wicked through and through.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:00 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Indeed.

You clearly have zero respect for my opinion so I'll point you in the direction to a book by robert smith.

He has ALL of the answers (I kid you not)
I'd have some respect for you if you didn't act like an emotional teenager, Kaz.

I'd also have respect for your opinion, but you seem to not want to give one, despite me asking several times.

You're basically here for the shits and giggles. Strange, but hey, however you want to pass the time.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:29 AM
Detective

Quote:
That's rich, coming from a grown adult who doesn't understand how the burdon of proof works, lol. Kaz, I'm probably half your age and I'm doing just fine. You, on the other hand, are bit of a lemon.

So you're 22?

Explains alot...

Your attitude towards the likes of us who remain open minded and are not convinced about your so called 'proof', stinks... I mean that without any nastiness attached, just a factual observation. Many have said similar.

Best get your mates involved now, help bump up your deflated ego (don't be so hard on yourself though, your condition is known to be quite debilitating...)