Clear All

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
    Hi Dave

Mary Kenny
    Mary Jane Kenny
    Marie Kenny
    Marie Jeanette Kenny

Just on a hunch.
    In the 1888 directory there are no kenny entries. There are some Kennedys however. Dave
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

ongoing status

I was able to scan the entirety of the commercial section of the 1888 directory, as well as the entirety of the street listings for 1888. I also managed to get the 1889 streets within the murder district. These scans on are o\my hard drive and can be referenced easily. Therefore any inquiries from this time forward that can be addressed using the above described dataset can be posted on this thread and I will endeavor to answer them all. Dave

Comment

Streets in the murder district 88/89

No really, thats it. Some of the scans are crap but even rescanning did not improve them. Dave

Comment

do I continue, and with what?

There is alot of data here. Firstly, does anyone find this helpful? Secondly, what comes next? Dave

Comment

It has occurred to me

I should qualify how much alot is. Each letter of the alphabet in the commercial section is at least as big as a podast, some three times so. Some street letters go over 800 mb as pdf files. Requests will be needed and I will supply them or perhaps some clever person could work out a schedule whereby I post them all in succession. That is if anyone cares for them at all. Dave

Comment

see also

The humyo thread

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                James Batchelor
                J.H. Batchelor
                Any Batchelor w/first initial 'J'
                Tom - the Strand, 1888. This address, number 222-25 on the South side, is The Outer Temple, lawyers offices. It caught my eye. Probably has no connexion with J H Batchelor, but was interesting, being on that street.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Strand222-25(south)THEOUTERTEMPLE1888.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	663281

Roy
                Sink the Bismark

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                  Regarding Le Grand, his addresses in late 1888 were as follows:
                  35 Charlotte Street - (at Portland Place) no listing

85 Bolsover Street - Henry Palmer

3 York Place, Baker Street - Mrs Charlotte Bird, dressmaker

283 The Strand (office) - Richard Nicholls, Bootmaker

10 Agar Street (office) - Charles Avenell, watchmaker, John Francis Pink, registrar

Again, from the 1888 Business Directory. I didn't see a Le Grand or another Batchelor after checking all the businesses listed on all of these streets.

Roy
                  Last edited by Roy Corduroy; 01-12-2012, 05:10 AM.
                  Sink the Bismark

Comment

Working...
                  X