Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Mary Jane Kelly: So what happened to that femur...? - by Wickerman 2 hours ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: Was Mary Kelly a Ripper victim? - by Wickerman 2 hours ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by MrBarnett 2 hours ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by MrBarnett 2 hours ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by MrBarnett 3 hours ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by Batman 3 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - (101 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: So what happened to that femur...? - (25 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Was Mary Kelly a Ripper victim? - (15 posts)
Non-Fiction: Jack and the Thames Torso Murders: A New Ripper? - (3 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: Practicality or madness? - (3 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: The Bucks Row Project Summary Report. - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Police Officials and Procedures > Godley, Detective Sergeant George

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Malcolm X Malcolm X is offline
Inspector
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,289
Default

G.Chapman didn't admit to anything let alone JTR, yes he had guns too but he didn't fire them over here, only threatened too.

he looks very suspicious yes and what Sugden sais makes sense, but i think this is because he resembles LA DE DA so closely, because without this he looks far weaker.

the trouble with GC is, his movements and timing tally perfectly with JTR and explain many things, that right now DONT MAKE SENSE AT ALL.

there are 3 things about Hutchinson as JTR that dont make sense at all, and this applies to many other top suspects..... it's only Chapman that fits these scenarios, if you try to vision JTR coming to Whitechapel, killing, not going insane and leaving within the next year, which it looks like he's done, then only GC fits the bill.

all our other top suspects are either still around, going insane, have never been proven to even have killed before, or simply too rediculous to bother with.

add to this, GC retuned again.... why here ! why crappy Whitechapel, why not San Francisco, Washington DC, New England, Florida,....... no, he returned here and started killing again !

and why poison !!!!! because there's no need to kill anyone, no money in it, no nothing, and why only later in life, why not earlier on as well.

but for JTR to be a poisoner now instead is very odd, unless he'd grown out of being a mutilator, or having these women as wives meant that he couldn't mutilate them anymore.

because if he was JTR, he would kill back out on the street like he once did and either turn his wives into Torsos, or indeed poison them.

but i doubt that he would only poison, more like mutilate and poison at the same time. ....... i think, not sure !

but both Sugden and Abberline make sense in what they say, JTR could quite easily have switched, and maybe he was planning to start mutilating again anyway, maybe he was getting bored with poisioning and about to return to the street, we dont know, but got discovered instead.

this era in time was infamous for poisoners, many back widows killed their husbands, so G.Chapman was a bit foolish and careless

Last edited by Malcolm X : 01-27-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Malcolm X Malcolm X is offline
Inspector
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,289
Default

well, maybe GEORGE HUTCHINSON wasn't around anymore to question, maybe he cleared off in late 1889!!!

because if he was JTR, he would definitely have lied about his name and behaved very similar to GC..... I.E he came here and cleared off again, which it definitely looks like JTR did.

but .... there is one massive problem with GH, he needs to stop killing right after MJK, because at least 20 coppers now know what he looks like.

and if GC is JTR, he needs to stop killing too, because GH knows exactly what he looks like...... not maybe..... not close...... EXACTLY !!!!
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-28-2012, 02:24 AM
Scott Nelson Scott Nelson is offline
Inspector
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,222
Default

Hitting the sauce while posting, are we Mr. X?
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-28-2012, 04:03 AM
ChrisGeorge ChrisGeorge is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm X View Post

but both Sugden and Abberline make sense in what they say, JTR could quite easily have switched, and maybe he was planning to start mutilating again anyway, maybe he was getting bored with poisioning and about to return to the street, we dont know, but got discovered instead.

this era in time was infamous for poisoners, many back widows killed their husbands, so G.Chapman was a bit foolish and careless
Hi Malcolm

But what you are saying doesn't quite make sense.

"JTR could quite easily have switched,"

Really? To change from all ripping, all the time, the quick throat cut and then the disembowelment, and the display of the victim, like a trophy, to the slow, secretive work of poisoning, and pretending you didn't do it. Does this really sound like the same man?

Then you say--

"this era in time was infamous for poisoners, many black widows killed their husbands, so G.Chapman was a bit foolish and careless"

But it seems the Ripper wasn't foolish and wasn't careless, got away with it time and time again, the murder of strangers. Whereas G. Chapman didn't get away with it, because he was murdering people he knew time and time again, and got caught.

I really think there is a better basis for thinking they were not the same killer than that they were one and the same man. Sorry.

Best regards

Chris
__________________
Christopher T. George
Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-28-2012, 05:11 AM
Wickerman Wickerman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm X View Post
because if he was JTR, he would definitely have lied about his name ....
Malcolm, if GH was JtR, he would not have gone to the police in the first place. No amount of ducking and weaving will ever change that.

Regards, Jon S.
__________________
Regards, Jon S.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-28-2012, 05:12 AM
Malcolm X Malcolm X is offline
Inspector
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,289
Default

yes i must admit as i've mentioned, switching to a poisoner is very hard to imagine from someone as bad as JTR.... OBVIOUSLY

this has always been a problem, it's harder to understand from others, than it is from me, but even i'm not that convinced.

but his suspicion is tremendous, it really is and this tends to sway me back the other way, but it's not really the poisoning that screws him up it's:-

1....Lawende describes a Joe Average Sailor boy...fair in complexion
2....nobody like Chapman was seen near Stride
3....LA DE DA is simply rubbish
4....a doctor/ medical person/ ex surgeon will be more likely a poisoner.
5....he's not enough like W.Bury.

not enough like W.Bury, but then again this bloke is too bloody stupid to be JTR as well, but you know what i mean, JTR wouldn't be stupid enough to butcher and murder his wives and leave them at home, down in the basement, until he's ready to dump their bodies, with maybe relatives and friends asking him where they've gone and the body downstairs starting to stink like crazy.... he'd kill his wives another way wouldn't he, oh damn it, just like Chapman

sorry, Chapman could still be JTR....because to kill his wives requires a totally different M.O, because if you live in a busy city, it's very hard to hide the body and identity of the victim, a torso is also hard to dump without being seen, because this will take at least two trips.

a mother will say ``where has my daughter gone ?`` and relatives this close rarely vanish without saying anything, especially if this is the 2nd or 3rd wife that's vanished, after all, this is exactly where Hague went wrong, friends and family started suspecting him.... but with Chapman it could have been even worst, because relatives might have hated him already! simply because they knew that he was an evil wife beating bastard... i think, not sure!

so you can see, that to kill your wife in your alter ego as JTR is very foolish indeed, you need to think this through to avoid suspicion and of course finally detection.

he chose to poison, yes very foolish but it's not as bad as W.Bury, G.Chapman was arrogant and thought he was above the law and too clever to be caught.

he kept on killing, the mark of a serial killer, which is far more than you can say of any other top suspect here..... Chapman is a proven evil bastard, exactly the same qualities required to be JTR, switching to a poisoner to escape detection ? well yes, i know exactly what you're thinking, but all i'm saying is that it can be possible, and if i'm thinking this, then maybe G.Chapman thought the same too..................... maybe!

Last edited by Malcolm X : 01-28-2012 at 05:19 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-28-2012, 05:14 AM
Malcolm X Malcolm X is offline
Inspector
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickerman View Post
Malcolm, if GH was JtR, he would not have gone to the police in the first place. No amount of ducking and weaving will ever change that.

Regards, Jon S.
crap, i'll leave BEN to answer this, i'm not going to go all over that lot yet again, you should post your views on the right thread, this is a Chapman thread

Last edited by Malcolm X : 01-28-2012 at 05:17 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-28-2012, 05:28 AM
Wickerman Wickerman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm X View Post
crap, i'll leave BEN to answer this, i'm not going to go all over that lot yet again, you should post your views on the right thread, this is a Chapman thread
Well quit going on about George Hutchinson being Jack the Ripper. Chapman's candidacy has been regurgitated ad-nauseum over the years. Nothing has changed, and he was only 23? in 1888, just like Kosminski.
Too young!
__________________
Regards, Jon S.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-28-2012, 07:43 AM
Steven Russell Steven Russell is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sheffield, UK.
Posts: 650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickerman View Post
... and he was only 23? in 1888, just like Kosminski.
Too young!
And he was a pole, just like Kosminski, and a barber, just like Kosminski.

As some of you may remember, I have postulated that Abberline's suspicion of Chapman may have been bolstered by hazy recollections of a 23 year-old Polish barber suspect called K-------i.

The trouble with this is that Abberline did not retire until 1992, the year after Aaron was finally put away. It's inconceivable that Abberline would not have known this if Aaron was considered a valid suspect in and before '91. I suppose it's just possible that Abbers conveniently forgot about Aaron's incarceration or that only a vague subconscious bell was rung by Klosowski's surname, age, nationality, and profession.

Hmm...

Best wishes,
Steve.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-28-2012, 08:35 AM
Wickerman Wickerman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Russell View Post
The trouble with this is that Abberline did not retire until 1992,.....
My goodness, his pension must have been a small fortune!!!!

__________________
Regards, Jon S.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.