On the trail of Jack the Ripper’s forgotten victims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the trail of Jack the Ripper’s forgotten victims

Excuse my n00bness. Not sure where to post this, so I figured I would put it somewhere in which it might not cause much disruption. So I chose here. These forums can be a bit overwhelming.

This evening I came across this article while doing a google news search. Haven't read it all yet, but at one point she is quoted as saying Eddowes was Swedish, but that was Stride, right? Probably just a mix up.

Anyways, she seems to be trying to bring the victims more to the forefront, which is a noble effort. Just thought I should share. It appears an article about a PhD thesis project, at first I thought it was a book. Maybe that's planned later. Anyways, have a go:

Last edited by Vincenzo; 08-27-2014, 12:06 AM.

Originally posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Excuse my n00bness. Not sure where to post this, so I figured I would put it somewhere in which it might not cause much disruption. So I chose here. These forums can be a bit overwhelming.

This evening I came across this article while doing a google news search. Haven't read it all yet, but at one point she is quoted as saying Eddowes was Swedish, but that was Stride, right? Anyways, probably just a mix up.

Anyways, she seems to be trying to bring the victims more to the forefront, which is a noble effort. Just thought I should share. It appears an article about a PhD thesis project, at first I thought it was a book. Maybe that's planned later. Anyways, have a go:

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...tims-1-6805511
    I hope she works out who's who before she submits if it is a Thesis.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      I hope she works out who's who before she submits if it is a Thesis.
      I know, right? I couldn't believe that when I read it. I actually went to each of the womens victims page here to make sure it wasn't me who was mistaken.

Comment

And where does she Kelly was bilingual?
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

And where does she Kelly was bilingual?
          I think I read somewhere that she spoke Welsh.

Either that or she is mixing her up with the French girl who gets murdered in Mary's place in the movie 'From Hell.'

Comment

For all we know she spoke Welsh [She claimed to have lived and marred there], French [She claimed to have spent time there], English [She lived there] and Irish [She claimed to be born there], but we just do not know for a fact, many doubt her whole story.

Of course all things I say she claimed are on the assumption that she told Joe what he reported.
            G U T

Comment

For all we know she spoke Welsh [She claimed to have lived and marred there], French [She claimed to have spent time there], English [She lived there] and Irish [She claimed to be born there], but we just do not know for a fact, many doubt her whole story.

Of course all things I say she claimed are on the assumption that she told Joe what he reported.
              yea, who knows. Pretty much everything we know about MJK's past originally came from MJK's mouth originally, right? Who knows what was true and what was not.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenzo View Post
                yea, who knows. Pretty much everything we know about MJK's past originally came from MJK's mouth originally, right? Who knows what was true and what was not.
                Only if Joe wasn't telling little fibs. All we really know is what he says she told him.
                G U T

Comment

G'Day GUT,

I really don't care but my father the linguist would have - people in Eire and even Northern Ireland speak "Gaelic", not Irish. It's like saying Jews speak "Jewish" rather than "Hebrew", "Yiddish", or "Ladino" (although I have heard intelligent Jewish people say the language is also called Jewish, so who am I to make the complain - but then you just never met my father the language expert!).

Still if there was an actual "Swedish" connection in the series of killings, beyond the one victim, it would be intriguing. Perhaps it was done to further the then growing cause for the independence of Norway, then part of the Kingdom of Sweden since 1814. Norway got independence in 1905 peacefully.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                    G'Day GUT,

I really don't care but my father the linguist would have - people in Eire and even Northern Ireland speak "Gaelic", not Irish. It's like saying Jews speak "Jewish" rather than "Hebrew", "Yiddish", or "Ladino" (although I have heard intelligent Jewish people say the language is also called Jewish, so who am I to make the complain - but then you just never met my father the language expert!).

Still if there was an actual "Swedish" connection in the series of killings, beyond the one victim, it would be intriguing. Perhaps it was done to further the then growing cause for the independence of Norway, then part of the Kingdom of Sweden since 1814. Norway got independence in 1905 peacefully.

Jeff

G'day Jeff

Apologies to your dear old dad.
                    G U T

Comment

Working...
                    X