No announcement yet.

Pure Freakin Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But even that - its timing, the fact of his departure and return, especially if killings resumed, might draw attention to him.

Cheers, Phil! Must have been a freak event.

I notice a BLUE moon last night.

Phil H

Comment

It's a sign of the times.

Hello Caroline. Thanks.

"I was just being polite to those who see multiple murderers. . ."

That's very decent of you. I must reciprocate.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

Originally posted by clark2710 View Post
        Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to read and answer my posting here, if it's been asked before i apologize.

How much of the legendary Jack the Ripper was brilliance versus just pure luck. i understand that some of the removal of the organs was quite surgical and seemed to indicate that the perpetrator had some knowledge of it. But honestly, judging by where he killed, how he killed, with the patrols all over the place he or she still gets away, etc. How much is Talent and Skill and how much is just plain luck?
        'Brilliant' is not a word I'd associate with someone who runs down the street with a recently acquired human organ at the expense of a prostrate woman with cuts on her cheeks.

Personally, I think he was a lunatic who profited from the circumstances of his day.

Not lucky; nor remotely 'skilled'.

I think the Kelly murder tells you all you need to know about this fella. The one where he had the opportunity to fulfill his desires. Barking mad would be an understatement of colossal proportions.

Comment

Do what you wanna do.

Hello Mac.

"The one where he had the opportunity to fulfill his desires."

But what was he waiting on? Surely he could have crept up Miller's Court on 31 August?

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
            Barking mad would be an understatement of colossal proportions.
            In my teenage years I read a lot of books about how the Japanese soldiers tortured and mutilated allied prisoners, and what the Gestapo did to resistance fighters.

Either there must be a lot of insane people around the world or, the line between sanity and insanity is a very grey area.

No, this killer did not need to be insane by clinical standards.

Regards, Jon S.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hi Lynn

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
              "The one where he had the opportunity to fulfill his desires."

But what was he waiting on? Surely he could have crept up Miller's Court on 31 August?
              What would Joe Barnett have said if he did creep up Millers Court on 31st Aug, Lynn?

Comment

fishing for an answer

Hello Jon. Thanks.

How about, "Phew. Must do something about those ruddy fish smells."

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

Whitechapel wasn`t known as the three F`s district for nothing , Lynn.
                  Fried fish and fights ...

Comment

Dear all,

Apologies if I repeat anything, I haven't gone through all of the replies.

Regarding the possible surgical knowledge, we've just been involved in a long thread about that. My own idea is that he must have shown some degree of familiarity with cutting up something. The best quote from the time for me is that he was "No stranger to the knife." Whether he had surgical knowledge or was a surgeon is debatable (as we have found literally from the message boards!)

The biggest factor that would catch him today I think is CCTV. Most people I know have no issue with CCTV and when the question "Did you know you are captured on CCTV 200 times every day?" is asked would answer "So what?" But the so called intelligencia and chattering classes seem to have an issue with it. For me, CCTV has been proven to capture so many criminals that losing a tiny bit of my liberty (the right to walk around without being filmed) is worth it.

It would be difficult for Jack operating in todays Whitechapel to get away with what he did with so many cameras about.

regards,
                    If I have seen further it is because I am standing on the shoulders of giants.

Comment

Working...
                    X