Ripperologist 139: August 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripperologist 139: August 2014

OUT NOW! THE NEW ISSUE OF THE FREE RIPPEROLOGIST MAGAZINE!

EDITORIAL: IT’LL BE OVER BY CHRISTMAS
    by Adam Wood

IDENTIFYING WILLIAM BURY AS JACK THE RIPPER
    by Steve Earp

TUMBLETY ‘OVER THE WIRE’
    by Mike Hawley

MARAE KELLY DAVIES AND HER FAMILY
    by Paul Williams

FROM THE CASEBOOK OF A MURDER HOUSE DETECTIVE:
    GEORGE R SIMS AND THE GRAFTON STREET MURDER
    and
    NEW LIGHT ON ELVIRA BARNEY’S
    MYSTERIOUS MURDER HOUSE
    by Jan Bondeson

FORGERS AND BEGGING-LETTER WRITERS
    From The Strand Magazine, June 1895

CHRIS SCOTT’S PRESS TRAWL
    The Scotsman special, Part Three

I BEG TO REPORT: NEWS ROUNDUP

THE GENTLE AUTHOR’S SPITALFIELDS LIFE

VICTORIAN FICTION: GENTLEMEN AND PLAYERS
    by E W Hornung

REVIEWS
    Jack the Writer... and more!

If you don't currently receive the magazine, just send an email to contact@ripperologist.biz to be added to the list.
    Attached Files

Thanks Adam. Got my copy yesterday.

That Jan Bondeson is something else. Him having regular pieces in Ripperologist and Fortean Times, plus still churning out books, I'm beginning to think that he's not from the planet Earth.

JM

Comment

You're dead right JM, he emailed me this morning to say he has another batch of Murder House chapters and a full article on something else written for us!

Adam

Comment

anticipation

Hello Adam. Thanks. Look forward to my copy.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

By chance I inherited a Kindle today. So I registered it through my Amazon account and I admit I'm just learning the ropes but I cannot seem to find Ripperologist, which I thought was on there. Isn't it? Looking under 'magazines'.

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
            By chance I inherited a Kindle today. So I registered it through my Amazon account and I admit I'm just learning the ropes but I cannot seem to find Ripperologist, which I thought was on there. Isn't it? Looking under 'magazines'.
            Hi Beowulf,

We're not available on Amazon just yet.

Send an email to contact@ripperologist.biz and we'll add you to the list!

Best wishes
            Adam

Comment

from this issue

"about William Bury from police records, court records, and newspaper reports, we can now confidently identify William Bury as Jack the Ripper"

What???? do we have another Edwards, here we go again! Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by Krinoid View Post
                "about William Bury from police records, court records, and newspaper reports, we can now confidently identify William Bury as Jack the Ripper"

What???? do we have another Edwards, here we go again! Did I miss something?
                Howdy, Krinoid. If you're asking, "are there really two competing forensic identifications of the Ripper before the field right now?" then the answer to that is "yes."

Signature analysis is in the behavioral sciences wing of the forensic sciences, and signature evidence is admissible in court. We've known for years that there's enough evidence to convict William Bury of the Ripper murders, ever since William Beadle got a legal assessment of the evidence from an attorney in Dundee. The description of Jack the Ripper's signature published by Keppel et al has been through the peer review process at an academic journal. It's the real deal.

I think I've made a sound presentation with Bury. I hope you like the rest of my article.
                “When a major serial killer case is finally solved and all the paperwork completed, police are sometimes amazed at how obvious the killer was and how they were unable to see what was right before their noses.” —Robert D. Keppel and William J. Birnes, The Psychology of Serial Killer Investigations

William Bury, Victorian Murderer
                http://www.williambury.org

Comment

Working...
                X