Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Read The Fortunes of Grace Hammer: A Novel of the Victorian Underworld?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Read The Fortunes of Grace Hammer: A Novel of the Victorian Underworld?

It's a recent book, now in trade paperback. It takes place in Whitechapel in 1888, and Grace Hammer (and her children) make a modest living from pickpocketing.

According to the PW review posted on Amazon, while some of the Ripper victims make cameos, and the murders are mentioned, "Ripperologists may be disappointed that the author doesn't develop this connection further." Still, the setting surely can't be beat.

I managed to find a copy at a Borders store closing sale (waaah!) earlier this week. Yes, I guess that makes me a vulture, but I'll be a well-read vulture.

Hello Critteranne,

I would be very interested to know what you think of the book and the background "feeling" presented by it. This subject interests me.. I will have to get myself a copy, methinks.

kindly

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Comment

It might take a while before I get to it. I got a little carried away at the store closings in my area. And just before I have to organize things because company is coming.

Comment

Working...
      X