Charles Cross?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Cross?

Documentary on Channel 5 in the UK just now, citing CC as JtR.

Thoughts, folks?

My feeling is that if he was the killer, and was found with Polly Nichols, wouldn't he have been scared into laying low for months instead of escalating the violence so quickly? Or, in a sick way, would that have heightened the experience for him and spurred him on?

(Apologise if this is a duplicate thread, I couldn't find one. Please move or delete as necessary)

What makes Charles Cross a good suspect?

Comment

Seen this documentary before and wasn't really impressed no real evidence at all against cross/lechmere it's been discussed on here with great excitement the main thing that puts me off (apart from the lack of any evidence)Mr cross as a suspect is that we are asked to believe that after killing all these poor women he woke up one morning and was no longer a dangerous psychopath basically we are asked to believe that after the revolting murder of poor Mary Kelly (check the murder science photo out) he got better and went on to live happily ever after.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

[QUOTE=pinkmoon;342614 we are asked to believe that after killing all these poor women he woke up one morning and was no longer a dangerous psychopath basically we are asked to believe that after the revolting murder of poor Mary Kelly (check the murder science photo out) he got better and went on to live happily ever after.[/QUOTE]

This seems to be a common theme amongst suspects. Joseph Barnet being another one who allegedly got better after killing Mary Jane Kelly. I'm not convinced psychopathic killers ever get better.

Comment

Hmmm. pinkmoon, you make a good point about post-Mary Kelly. I've seen that crime scene photo and don't think I could ever forget it

I'm still in the process of watching the programme as I've not seen it before, but the evidence about the timings and locations as related to Cross/Lechmere's life are certainly food for thought. They include Martha Tabram too which I find interesting. Also, the apparent occupation: meat delivery for Pickford's.

Comment

[QUOTE=John Wheat;342616]This seems to be a common theme amongst suspects. Joseph Barnet being another one who allegedly got better after killing Mary Jane Kelly. I'm not convinced psychopathic killers ever get better.[/QUOT
            This simple point is very often forgotten about .
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Yes conveniently forgotten about.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairsLeuth View Post
                Hmmm. pinkmoon, you make a good point about post-Mary Kelly. I've seen that crime scene photo and don't think I could ever forget it

I'm still in the process of watching the programme as I've not seen it before, but the evidence about the timings and locations as related to Cross/Lechmere's life are certainly food for thought. They include Martha Tabram too which I find interesting. Also, the apparent occupation: meat delivery for Pickford's.
                It's a theory nothing more don't get me wrong there is nothing at all wrong with having theories on who jack the ripper was but to try and claim "case closed" without any evidence is wrong the whole cross/Lechmere thing has just snowballed out of control.
                Last edited by pinkmoon; 06-04-2015, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I have to agree. Having watched the rest of the programme, I'm now convinced it wasn't him. Cross/Lechmere made his fortune, became a grandfather and lived to 71. After killing Mary Jane Kelly, that's not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairsLeuth View Post
                    Yeah, I have to agree. Having watched the rest of the programme, I'm now convinced it wasn't him. Cross/Lechmere made his fortune, became a grandfather and lived to 71. After killing Mary Jane Kelly, that's not going to happen.
                    I think they have suggested that he might have carried on killing using different methods.

Comment

Someone had to find the body.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                        Someone had to find the body.
                        The ripper had absolutely no problem in running away after he killed Chapman,stride,eddowes and Kelly so why shouldn't he run away after nichols murder.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                          The ripper had absolutely no problem in running away after Chapman,stride,eddowes and Kelly so why shouldn't he run away after nichols murder.
                          Indeed. If the killer had been spotted by someone, the adrenaline of the murder and almost getting caught would've kicked in his 'fight or flight' response. That is to say, Crossmere would've either done a runner, or he would've silenced Robert Paul.

Comment

I don't really believe Cross was responsible for the murders. Why kill on the way to work? Where did he put the organs, in his pocket? I don't think it makes sense really. The murders happened around bank holidays, weekends, this would, to me, make anyone think the killer wasn't working at these times.

Just because the murders were committed along his route to work, doesn't mean Cross did it.

The discovery of Nichols by Cross, doesn't mean he did it. How could he hide his reaction to having just murdered her? How could he hide the fact that he was out of breath? How would he be able to hide the adrenaline rush he most surely would have exhibited?

Also we know that there is alot of inaccurate time keeping in this case as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by Natasha View Post
                              I don't really believe Cross was responsible for the murders. Why kill on the way to work? Where did he put the organs, in his pocket? I don't think it makes sense really. The murders happened around bank holidays, weekends, this would, to me, make anyone think the killer wasn't working at these times.

Just because the murders were committed along his route to work, doesn't mean Cross did it.

The discovery of Nichols by Cross, doesn't mean he did it. How could he hide his reaction to having just murdered her? How could he hide the fact that he was out of breath? How would he be able to hide the adrenaline rush he most surely would have exhibited?

Also we know that there is alot of inaccurate time keeping in this case as a whole.
                              It's just a theory that has blown up into something big nothing wrong with theories but people need to keep their feet on the ground and like I said for this too work we have to accept that one morning Mr cross woke up no longer a physcopath in other words he got better .

Comment

Working...
                              X