Happy Thanksgiving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I am thankful I get to enjoy a delicious turkey dinner that someone else did all the work to prepare!

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Hi Ally.

Yesterday I was having trouble summoning genuine feelings of thankfulness.
    This Thanksgiving is a rough one, I miss my friend Linda so much.

But I realized I'm thankful for my kind friends living all over the world, many of whom I have met on Casebook.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Archaic

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
      Today I am thankful I get to enjoy a delicious turkey dinner that someone else did all the work to prepare!
      Lol, and that someone is me. I get up on Thanksgiving at 7am and start cutting up celery and onions for the stuffing, cleaned the house well the other day, hung new curtains, put out new table cloths that are Thanksgiving-y and have a scarecrow sitting on the bench in the front yard.

Mom made carrot cake, apple pie and pumpkin pie. My husband makes sweet potatos with marshmallows and brown sugar, my brother, who comes just like you do, not cooking stuff at all, is going to fix my easel, which needs to be glued and clamped.

Ahh the joy of celebrating with food and family, well, that is something to be thankful for

But as far as Guy Fawkes Day celebrations, I like the whole idea of bonfires and beer! (Especially Hobgoblin)

Happy Thanksgiving, all.
      Last edited by Beowulf; 11-22-2012, 06:15 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

LOL...it's a special thrill for me because for the last 10 years, I've been the one to do it and I am familiar with the up at 5 routine. Now I can sit on my butt on the couch and watch crappy tv and surf the web. No cornbread dressing from scratch though, just bagged, bummer but I'll live. Sigh... (when I get home I'll probably do a Turkey and cornbread dressing and mash potato at least just to have a week of leftovers).

Let all Oz be agreed;
        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everyone
          “be just and fear not”

Comment

A Happy Thanksgiving and lots of cake to all.

Comment

Happy thanksgiving to all my American casebook friends!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone the forum --even if you don't live in the US. I'll eat some delicious mashed potatoes for those who won't be celebrating .

Comment

I have far less time for this forum than I have in the past, but wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, or just Happy Thursday in general.

Comment

Belatedly, a Happy Thanksgiving all!

Dave

Comment

This is the first Thanksgiving I've ever had where I just had to show up. No cooking, no cleaning. At first it was awesome. And then it became increasingly uncomfortable. It turns out, if I don't cook, I have to talk to my fiance's extended family. Which is awkward. Also, if I don't cook, everything I am even remotely allergic to makes it into the food, which is also awkward. It was not nearly as much of a win as I thought it would be. I think next year I'll jump back in the kitchen.

But I'm thankful for a lot of stuff, and it's good to take a day and remember that. Thank god most of my problems are the first world variety.
                      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Hello you all!

Living in Finland, we have no thanksgiving!

But I wish, that you had a good one!

All the best
                        Jukka
                        "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Jukka, you can give thanks for Sibelius :

Christian Ferras plays Sibelius Violin Concerto in D minor, Op. 47: I. Allegro moderato.Conductor: Zubin Mehta

Comment

Hello Robert!

Well, thank You!

All the best
                            Jukka
                            "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Working...
                            X