X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Odds on Capping the Well

That BP will cap it by 7 days - $14.00.

That BP will cap it by 1 month - $6.00.

That BP will cap it by 3 months - $2.50.

That BP will cap it by Christmas - $1.50.

What are the odds that BP will never succeed in capping it and that it will in fact eventually engulf the entire world and end life as we know it? I'm starting to wonder that.

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
      What are the odds that BP will never succeed in capping it and that it will in fact eventually engulf the entire world and end life as we know it? I'm starting to wonder that.
      In fact this has already begun:

Comment

What are the odds that the well actually could be capped right now by some major measure, but BP are trying ways to cap it so they can later reuse the well? It would seem to me that if the well could be definitively capped that might save the damage that the well is causing.

Chris
        Christopher T. George
        Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
        just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
        For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
        RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

if the live feeds are anything to go by, it'll be a darned long while before anything happens at all...and I'm with Chris: that doesn't seem unlikely.
          best,

claire

Comment

ChrisGeorge,

I agree. Obama catagorically states that BP are better suited to fix the problem. I find it impossable to swallow that if the USA military/industrial threw there whole weight into it, they could not wrap it up now.
            If the high tech submarine/ship building facilities were put to it, they would surely come up with something.Prior to The battle of Midway in June 1942,the admiral in charge was told that the desparately needed USS Yorktown would not be ready for battle for 3 months.He famously said to the shipyards " you have got 48 hours to get it ready for action". And they did.

It is time for decisive action of this kind now. The US govt must solve the problem - then send the bill to BP after. But as ChrisGeorge sais, I suspect other forces may be at play here.

Comment

Times sure change. The last time we sent an oil slick to America, we called it Tony Blair.

Comment

Originally posted by quasar View Post
                ChrisGeorge,

I agree. Obama catagorically states that BP are better suited to fix the problem. I find it impossable to swallow that if the USA military/industrial threw there whole weight into it, they could not wrap it up now.
                If the high tech submarine/ship building facilities were put to it, they would surely come up with something.Prior to The battle of Midway in June 1942,the admiral in charge was told that the desparately needed USS Yorktown would not be ready for battle for 3 months.He famously said to the shipyards " you have got 48 hours to get it ready for action". And they did.

It is time for decisive action of this kind now. The US govt must solve the problem - then send the bill to BP after. But as ChrisGeorge sais, I suspect other forces may be at play here.
                Shall we say that the old adage "Money Talks" might apply here? First the lobbyists prevent the oil company being subject to the same safety precautions applied to oil companies drilling offshore elsewhere in the world, and now the nation and the people of the Gulf region are being held hostage again by money interests. The whole thing disgusts me.
                Christopher T. George
                Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                  Times sure change. The last time we sent an oil slick to America, we called it Tony Blair.
                  Or the lump of oil that followed him...
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                  Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by quasar View Post
                    ChrisGeorge,

Good post, very well spoken. I'm a Libertarian but in times of catastrophes such as this the military needs to step in and take charge.
                    Jordan

Comment

Working...
                    X