AC and TOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shameless plug.

May I commend for your elucidation pages 375 to 379 of the revised edition of "Deconstructing Jack: The Secret History of the Whitechapel Murders"?

Thank you.
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
      Shameless plug.

May I commend for your elucidation pages 375 to 379 of the revised edition of "Deconstructing Jack: The Secret History of the Whitechapel Murders"?

Thank you.
      Simon, which chapter are we talking about, i have the kindle version, page numbers are not of much use.

many thanks in advanve

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
        No worries, Herlock. The point he is making is a strange one. He seems to be stating that if the Brewery clock chimed 5:15 as she turned into Hanbury Street, and she arrived at the market at around 5:31 or 5:32 (as she estimated), it would have taken her a ridiculous 15-17 minutes to walk two blocks, thus the clock struck 5:30 and not 5.15.

However, it goes without saying that this is not the argument that you and Yost and Begg are making. Long didn't estimate her entry into Hanbury Street based on one clock, and her entry into the market based on a different clock, and not notice the 15 minute discrepancy. So it's rather an absurd point. Rather, the suggestion is that she was 15 minutes off throughout her journey and she was still using the "mistaken" time to estimate her entry into the market. So I think we can dismiss that particular argument. Cheers.
        Thanks for that RJ
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Hi Steve,

Kindles are a mystery unto themselves.

I can only recommend a search on Cadosch or Mrs Long/Durrell.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• The simplest explanation was that Long was off on her time/chime and both her and cadosh were correct on seeing or hearing Annie in her last moments.

Why her being off and not Cadosh?

Because she saw/heard something innocuous during a journey, and cadosh something a little more strange right when hes getting ready to leave his residence-I think he would have been a little more in tune with the time.
            "Is all that we see or seem
            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
              The simplest explanation was that Long was off on her time/chime and both her and cadosh were correct on seeing or hearing Annie in her last moments.

Why her being off and not Cadosh?

Because she saw/heard something innocuous during a journey, and cadosh something a little more strange right when hes getting ready to leave his residence-I think he would have been a little more in tune with the time.
              Same here Abby. It’s Cadosch over Long for me if it comes to a choice. And as I feel that Richardson was overwhelmingly likely to have been correct then him leaving an empty yard at 4.50 leaves an easy 15 or so minutes for Annie to arrive with her killer.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Kindles are a mystery unto themselves.

I can only recommend a search on Cadosch or Mrs Long/Durrell.

Regards,

Simon
                thanks Simon.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Christchurch 5.32 (Rotated).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	667530

How did Cadosch note the time as being specifically 5.32am? This image was recorded at 5.32 (though a.m. not p.m.). I could only see that it was about 5.30 when I took it. What reason did Cadosch have to make such a precise note of what the time was and to remember having done so? Perhaps because it was part of his daily routine. Even so it seems a strangely precise recollection.
                  I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                    Same here Abby. It’s Cadosch over Long for me if it comes to a choice. And as I feel that Richardson was overwhelmingly likely to have been correct then him leaving an empty yard at 4.50 leaves an easy 15 or so minutes for Annie to arrive with her killer.
                    yup-exactly.
                    "Is all that we see or seem
                    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Christchurch from far side of Commercial Street (Rotated).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	667532

Perhaps when he said that he noted the time as he passed the Spitalfields Church he meant when he had a good view of it from the far side of Commercial Street - although that would presumably make his departure from home time earlier still.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                        If I remember correctly that (a preference for Cadosch's time) was the coroner's view also, even though he found Long's evidence impressive in every other respect..

Comment

• If Mrs. Long/Durrell was correct in her assertion that Chapman was alive at 5.30 am, then what Cadosch heard in his back yard ten, and then five, minutes earlier could not have had anything to do with her murder.

Comment

If Mrs. Long/Durrell was correct in her assertion that Chapman was alive at 5.30 am, then what Cadosch heard in his back yard ten, and then five, minutes earlier could not have had anything to do with her murder.
                            True Simon but don’t you think that it’s at least possible that she was mistaken and that it was 5.15 instead. If that was the case then Richardson, Long and Cadosch can line up ok.

If she was correct at 5.30 then Richardson is fine but Cadosch was wrong.

Who was correct?
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Hi Herlock,

Sorry to bat on about my book, but in the previously referenced pages I do discuss the matter of timing and the wacky input of Wynne Baxter.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi Herlock,

Sorry to bat on about my book, but in the previously referenced pages I do discuss the matter of timing and the wacky input of Wynne Baxter.

Regards,

Simon
                                No problem Simon. I will check it out as soon as I get home. I’m pretty sure that I have the updated edition
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X