No announcement yet.

Historical Xmas present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's my promised Christmas present, Santa Pierre? Are you stuck in a chimney? I'm not happy!

Comment

Anyone really surprised at the lack of anything promised by Pe-error.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I've just realized that Pierre has actually given us a Christmas present, albeit a very subtle one: he's decided not to post anymore! Thanks, Pierre, for such a surprising gift, I'm very appreciative!

Comment

Originally posted by John G View Post
          I've just realized that Pierre has actually given us a Christmas present, albeit a very subtle one: he's decided not to post anymore! Thanks, Pierre, for such a surprising gift, I'm very appreciative!
          That's what I was hoping he'd give us.

But somehow I doubt it.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

In December 1865 General William T. Sherman sent a historic telegram to President Lincoln, presenting him with the city of Savannah, Georgia and much in the way of Confederate Army military supplies as a "Christmas Present" at the successful conclusion of his famous (or infamous) "March to the Sea" from Atlanta that began in September just preceding this. Christmas gifts back then were more substantial and real. Note that Sherman did not precede this message with a series of vapid pseudo-military statements about how he was secretly arranging the information at his disposal to figure out the correct solution about how to make "Georgia howl". He just did it - and it was done!

Comment

Pierre is a hopeless fantasist, who I have indulged, partly for my own amusement, for far too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                In December 1865 General William T. Sherman sent a historic telegram to President Lincoln, presenting him with the city of Savannah
                To be fair, Jeff, I wasn't expecting an entire city from Pierre but hey a single document would have been nice.

We didn't even get that. Just impenetrable waffle.

Comment

Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                  To be fair, Jeff, I wasn't expecting an entire city from Pierre but hey a single document would have been nice.

We didn't even get that. Just impenetrable waffle.
                  David, what you have got is an historical conclusion established on original sources from archives in Britain.

If you do not like that, put it away somewhere.

But for those who would like to discuss it, they are most welcome.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                    David, what you have got is an historical conclusion established on original sources from archives in Britain.
                    "an historical conclusion" lol!

= unsubstantiated opinion from the person who gave us Gogmagog as Jack the Ripper last Christmas.

Comment

"It is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." (William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act 5, Scene 5).

Comment

"an historical conclusion" lol!

= unsubstantiated opinion from the person who gave us Gogmagog as Jack the Ripper last Christmas.
                        Everyone here knows what you believe, David.

Comment

But for those who would like to discuss it, they are most welcome.
                          I do wonder what Pierre thinks anyone can possibly discuss about a document they've never seen which supposedly contains at least one false statement (or lie) which no-one has any idea about.

The only thing I can think to discuss is that Pierre messed up completely with his Gogmagog letter last year by leaping to the conclusion that it was written by Jack the Ripper and he's probably done exactly the same thing again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by John G View Post
                            "It is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." (William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act 5, Scene 5).
                            Gee John, now I am in favor (as a "Christmas Present?" of sending "Birnan Wood to Dunsinane" for Pierre (if it leads to his confronting MacDuff).

Comment

I do wonder what Pierre thinks anyone can possibly discuss about a document they've never seen which supposedly contains at least one false statement (or lie) which no-one has any idea about.

The only thing I can think to discuss is that Pierre messed up completely with his Gogmagog letter last year by leaping to the conclusion that it was written by Jack the Ripper and he's probably done exactly the same thing again this year.
                              I can discuss whatever I want, David. I can speculate about sources if I want to. What I do in a forum is not relevant. What is relevant is my research.

Comment

I can discuss whatever I want, David. I can speculate about sources if I want to. What I do in a forum is not relevant. What is relevant is my research.
                                Confirmation (should it be required) that Pierre simply cannot read any form of text properly.

Words in plain English somehow get twisted in his head to mean whatever he thinks they should mean.

Comment

Working...
                                X