No announcement yet.

A to Z thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, this wasn't a bad idea for a thread. I didn't have a copy of the 2010 A-Z when much of the discussion at http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=98 took place.

Maybe we could start again.

Comment

L'injustice faite à Ada

Hi Maurice

then I'd say the entry "Wilson" is disappointing, especially on behalf of Fido and Begg:

-nothing about the fact that she passed herself as a seamstress ("one of the commonest self-descriptions used by prostitutes asked by officialdom for their occupation", according to Fido in another book)

-no mention of Rose Bierman, who clearly stated Wilson went back home that night "accompanied by a male companion", although her account is fully quoted in Begg The Facts, in which Ada's scenario is considered "implausible".

Comment

Excellent beginning. Merci.

Comment

I've been wondering myself if Ada Wilson did not manipulate facts in her testimony.
          Best regards,
          Maria

Comment

Hi Maria, you can stop wondering, it's pretty sure.

Comment

Yeah, most possibly.
              However, depending on suspectology, she could still be related to the JTR case.

Gotta run to the stores for drinks and (more) wine for my Xmas party tonight.
              Have a nice one, David.
              Best regards,
              Maria

Comment

Merci beaucoup, à toi aussi.

Single malt pour moi. Islay, naturlich.

Comment

À toi aussi.
                  Nous on a un très bon Armagnac pour après le dîner, et aussi du Glenfiddich.
                  Mais quand je rentre je dois d'abord travailler sur mon manuscrit du bouquin (que je viens de recevoir de l'éditeur) pour quelques heures, pendant que le canard et le reste (patates et marrons) cuisent au four. Mais ça va.
                  Best regards,
                  Maria

Comment

Dear Paul, Martin and Keith

I believe "Blotchy" deserves an entry, it's not fair we have to remember "Cox" each time we want to read about him.

Thanks in advance for the next edition
                    Dvvvvv

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                      I believe "Blotchy" deserves an entry
                      Dvvvvv
                      Not that I believe in Blotchy, but it will please my friend Celesta.

More scientifially I believe "Blotchy", "Sailor Man" or "Broad Shoulders" deserve their entry for they belong to an endemic type in the ripper world. They are true potential images of Jack.

Comment

Hardback A-Z in remainder shops in Australia

Noticed Hardback A-Z latest edition in a chain of book remainder shops in Australia. They are selling for $15 (approx 9 pounds Sterling). I bought mine originally for about $35.

Cheers

Sushka

Comment

Working...
                        X