Juwes or Tuwes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juwes or Tuwes?

D'onston suggested that the word may be Juives. Was he dropping a clue towards something else?

Was the J a T? Tuwes is suggestive of Tue, pertaining to Tiw or Tyr the Nordic god.

"Corresponding names in other Germanic languages are Gothic Teiws , Old English Tīw and Old High German Ziu, all from Proto-Germanic *Tîwaz. The Old Norse name became Norwegian Ty, Swedish Ti, Danish Tyr, while it remains Týr in Modern Icelandic and Faroese."

Notice this poem about the god...

Tyr is a one-handed god,
    and leavings of the wolf
    and prince of temples.

Leavings of the wolf

His rune is...

The message containing the clue "juwes" or "Tuwes" was found after the death of Eddowes. Eddowes had marks like arrow heads cut under each eye, pointing upwards. She also had a cut on the eyelid itself which could be the body of the arrow. Moved to confuse the clue.

Tiw lost his hand to Fenris the wolf, who was bound with chains. Could the intestines of the victims, tossed over the shoulder, represent these chains? Could the parts take from the victims be Tiw's lost hand retrieved?

Tiw was replaced by Odin as head of the pantheon. Odin was said to be the inspiration for Santa Claus.

"Among early Germanic tribes, one of the major deities was Odin, the ruler of Asgard. A number of similarities exist between some of Odin's escapades and those of the figure who would become Santa Claus. Odin was often depicted as leading a hunting party through the skies, during which he rode his eight-legged horse, Sleipnir. In the 13th-century Poetic Edda, Sleipnir is described as being able to leap great distances, which some scholars have compared to the legends of Santa's reindeer. Odin was typically portrayed as an old man with a long, white beard -- much like St. Nicholas himself."

The Tuwes could be a clue directed at Tiw or the Germanic people. The House of Santa Claus puzzle is Germanic in origin.

For any suspect discussion not pertaintaining to a particular or listed suspect.

Yes, I'm being serious.
    Last edited by albie; 06-15-2009, 02:57 PM.

Interesting. I may be wrong, but I believe Tiwaz is the first Norse god to be named as a suspect in the Whitechapel Murders (indeed, perhaps the first god of any description).

Now all we have to do is find him in the 1891 census. Unfortunately these foreign names are often liable to be mistranscribed ...

Comment

Tiwaz. If Donston knew his obscure gods then he would have seen the similarity of that name with the Middle Eastern Tawsi Melek. The Peacock King, and Satan.

"Then Eve was created. But according to the Yezidis before copulating the primal couple enrolled in a kind of competition to see if either of either of them could bring forth progeny independent of the other. They both stored their seed in a sealed jar and then after an incubation period opened them. Eve's jar was opened and found to be full of insects and vermin, while inside Adam's jar was a beautiful boy-child. This lovely child, known as Shehid bin Jer, “Son of Jar,” grew quickly, married, and had offspring. His descendants are the Yezidis. Thus, the Yezidis regard themselves descendants of Adam but not Eve. ."

The taking of the wombs becomes so obvious now.

Last edited by albie; 06-15-2009, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by albie View Post
        Eddowes had marks like arrow heads cut under each eye, pointing upwards. She also had a cut on the eyelid itself which could be the body of the arrow. Moved to confuse the clue.
        Interesting stuff, Albie, but why would he want to disguise such an obscure clue in the first place? Secondly, why not place the body of the arrow on the cheeks above the "^" - there was room - instead of an inch or so higher, on her recessed eyelids? Thirdly, what about all the other marks on Eddowes' face? Finally, when - before modern "hippy" times - were there worshippers of the Aesir to be found in any great numbers, such that (a) a killer might wish to use their symbolism; and (b) there were people around who might have understood his message?
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Well, I have altered my view on Donston being the killer once I found that JUWES is a disguised code for DRVIT.

I believe Druitt was the killer.

But to answer the question in order to back up my abandonded theory : Donston was a magician, or claimed to be. Divination is the larger chunk of this practise. Runes have always been a major tool in divination. Their meanings are therefore commonly known amongst anyone taking an interest.

The cuts ARE arrows and they are also a sliced M for Minories( or Montague), to which the arrows point.

As detailed here...

I think this was part of his motive...

If Donston was involved it was purely as a psychic puppetmaster, a mustached Doctor Caligari, if you will. Instructing his cricketting marionette towards his kills, between bedpans, bed baths and other Carry On Matron antics.

But to prove that...

Comment

Maybe we have here a case of the "terrible Tues".

Jeff

Comment

That Wolf rune looks an awful lot like the 'King's Broad Arrow" to me. Maybe there was a Royal Conspiracy.

Don.
              "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

"Now all we have to do is find him in the 1891 census. Unfortunately these foreign names are often liable to be mistranscribed ..."

Interestingly there was a Fred Tewiz at 70 Greenfield Street in the 1891 census... just a few doors down from Aaron Kozminski's brother. And he was an Icelandic immigrant. Case closed!

Rob H

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                  Interesting. I may be wrong, but I believe Tiwaz is the first Norse god to be named as a suspect in the Whitechapel Murders (indeed, perhaps the first god of any description)..
                  I'm wondering, have any fictional characters been accused of being Jack the Ripper yet? Is that theory still up for grabs (and glory?).

Oh, wait. The Cook book, right?

OK; nevermind. Cheers, Archaic

Comment

| read a book in which Doctor Watson's brother was accused.

Also, in Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol The Ripper was God.

But they were fictional accusations. Did you mean a real accusation against a fictional character?

I think Donston was pretty much a fictional character according to his writings.

Comment

Originally posted by robhouse View Post
                      there was a Fred Tewiz at 70 Greenfield Street in the 1891 census... And he was an Icelandic immigrant. Case closed!
                      ... there's bound to be a floe in that theory somewhere.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I doubt any Englishman would use anything other than homegrown symbols. They might be variations from the Old World but changed to make them English.
                        The slits under the eyes could be tewes or random attacks on the eyes. Or it could be the RX symbol for perscriptions, derived from the Eye of Horus.
                        Attached Files

Comment

>>I doubt any Englishman would use anything other than homegrown symbols.

Given that Donston claimed to be part of foreign origin magical organisations I don't think that would be the case.

If you imagine making them shapes yourself I doubt they would happen by accident. They were intentional.

I think they were just to point out the eyes. The killer had nearly just been seen in the act killing Liz stride. Given the killer either wrote the anti jewish wall message on the same night, or thought enough about it to drop a bloodstained rag beneath it, shows he was probably boasting about not being seen by DiemShutz after just killing Stride.

He wasn't blaming the jews(Diemshutz) for the killing, but for interrupting him doing the killing. I bet he heard Diemshutz, slashed Stride's throat and ran, not even knowning if she was dead or not.

The killer probably felt he was doing Whitechapel a service killing prostitutes.

Comment

Working...
                          X