• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DVV View Post
    On Kindle only ?

Oh mon Dieu...

You should respect your Amish fans.
    You can download a Kindle Reader for your PC for free Dave.
    (My kind of price too)

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

That is amazoning !

Many thanks, Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Shelden View Post
        Its great to see all the positive comments.
        I was really taken about by the Mrs Buki find and I'm glad its no longer a secret but that everyone is able to discover it themselves in Neal's book.

Its cool for me to see Neal's hard work get published
        Jenni
        Its a pleasure to read some positive news about Mary Kelly's story, someone actually did exist!

Congrats to Neal, a nice read.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Shelden View Post
          Its great to see all the positive comments.
          I was really taken about by the Mrs Buki find and I'm glad its no longer a secret but that everyone is able to discover it themselves in Neal's book.

Its cool for me to see Neal's hard work get published
          Indeed.
          And some of the re-published information on the other victims is valuable... such as the fact that Elizabeth Stride was arrested in November of 1884 for solicitation for prostitution in London.

Enjoyed the new Kindle version. Fine reference source for everyone interested in the victim's stories.
          Best Wishes,
          Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Thanks once again everyone.

Very pleased that everyone is enjoying the new finds.

Neal
            “be just and fear not”

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
              Its a pleasure to read some positive news about Mary Kelly's story, someone actually did exist!

Congrats to Neal, a nice read.
              Downloaded the kindle Wicker how do I get the download? That is, Mary Kelly and the victims of Jack The Ripper.

Regards

Observer

Comment

Originally posted by Observer View Post
                Downloaded the kindle Wicker how do I get the download? That is, Mary Kelly and the victims of Jack The Ripper.

Regards

Observer
                Someone must have responded by now, but if not..
                Log on to Amazon and search book titles.

Psst. I didn't mean the book was free, just the kindle reader
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                  Indeed.
                  And some of the re-published information on the other victims is valuable... such as the fact that Elizabeth Stride was arrested in November of 1884 for solicitation for prostitution in London.
                  Impossible! There are those who tell us she was different, that she wasn't soliciting.

Mike
                  huh?

Comment

I downloaded the kindle version of the MJK book having seen this thread and have just finished a first perusal.

This excellent book demonstrates what is to be uncovered by scrupulous and detailed research. What a revelation! - we now have some substantial information to flesh out Mary Jane's life story. Mrs Buki, Mrs Pheonix Morganstone are real.

MJK is, as is to be expected, still invisible, but the connections now made show that parts at least of the story she told Joe and the tale he retold, are factually based.

To me that is a solid advance and all those of us who take the case seriously owe the Sheldens a huge debt of gratitude. (This will, of course, not be relevant to the vangophers and sickerteenies, who won't even begin to appreciate the relevance.)

Thank you.

Phil

P.S. To the Good Michael

Re Stride's soliciting - there is a difference between what she did in 1884 and what she may have been doing on a particular night four years later. It is the night of her death that interests me and I maintain that there is no real evidence of her soliciting that night. Rather she was enjoying some quality time with a "date".

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H View Post
                      P.S. To the Good Michael

Re Stride's soliciting - there is a difference between what she did in 1884 and what she may have been doing on a particular night four years later. It is the night of her death that interests me and I maintain that there is no real evidence of her soliciting that night. Rather she was enjoying some quality time with a "date".
                      There's no evidence if you don't want there to be, I agree. As for me, there's a ton of it. This aint the place for that, however.

Mike
                      huh?

Comment

Many thanks to Phil and Mike and I hope Observer has been able to find it thanks again Neal
                        “be just and fear not”

Comment

Thanks to Jenni for the heads-up and Neal for what looks like some great research. Have just purchased for my kindle.
                          These are not clues, Fred.
                          It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
                          They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
                          And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
                          We will not.

Comment

story

Hello Phil.

". . .the connections now made show that parts at least of the story she told Joe and the tale he retold, are factually based."

Yes, now we know that both Fleming AND Morganstone (Morgenstern) actually existed and, hence, some part of Barnet's story (from "MJK"?) is true.

And we know also that the "Mrs. Buki" (Boeku) and Mrs. Phoenix (Felix), who came forward to give thier stories to the press, actually existed. And so we can feel confident that the press did not make those stories up.

"To me that is a solid advance and all those of us who take the case seriously owe the Sheldens a huge debt of gratitude."

Hear, hear.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

". . .the connections now made show that parts at least of the story she told Joe and the tale he retold, are factually based."
                              And if parts of it are now demonstrably true, what reason is there to believe that any of it was false?
                              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

The "book" suggests that there might be reasons why the Irish/Welsh bits might be falsified. An alternative explanation of Jonto is also touched on. (I am desperately seeking to avoid spoilers!)

But the London bits that Joe B could have checked appear accurate. Surprisingly so.

Phil

Comment

Working...
                                X