Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Powell's New "The Hoax of JtR" Book Is Out...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that was 2 or 3 years ago. They played a baseball game together.

Mike
    huh?

Comment

Hatfields vs McCoys Baseball Game

Hi, Mike. Just out of morbid curiosity, who won?

Archaic

Comment

McCoys 15-1. Afterwards, the Hatfields shot the umpire. (joke)
        huh?

Comment

Hatfields VS McCoys Reconciliation Ballgame

Thank God it wasn't a tie!

Just imagine if they'd gone into sudden death Overtime.

(humble apologies, folks) -Archaic

Comment

Originally posted by Jez View Post
            Does Paul Feldman get the odd mention?
            Hi Jez,

The 'odd' mention would be right, if the late Paul Feldman (who I had always assumed was Jewish, although I could be wrong) is going to star in Stevie Baby's book as the man who masterminded the hoaxing of a ripper confession he sincerely and consistently believed to be genuine.

If Feldy is the man who will be blamed for everything, and is patently blameless (for the diary's creation at least), one wonders how long it will take for Jewish Australia to wake up and smell the horse shi* and want Stevie Baby's goolies for breakfast.

Incidentally, I'd be equally dismissive if the book were to accuse the late Melvin Harris of not sincerely and consistently believing the diary was conceived and created in Liverpool, England, sometime after April 1989.

Dead men can't tell tales and it's a crying shame when the living just can't stop themselves.

Love,

Caz
            X
            "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Will This Book Be Sold On Amazon or in U.S.?

The whole Maybrick thing is so incredibly complicated that I am trying to read ALL sides of it. I would therefore like an opportunity to read this book, too, but I'm wondering if it will be available in the U.S. or online to avoid the very high Australian shipping charges... Or even as an E-book... Are there any plans in this regard?

Thanks, Archaic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                The whole Maybrick thing is so incredibly complicated that I am trying to read ALL sides of it. I would therefore like an opportunity to read this book, too, but I'm wondering if it will be available in the U.S. or online to avoid the very high Australian shipping charges... Or even as an E-book... Are there any plans in this regard?

Thanks, Archaic
                Hi Archaic!
                It's me again. I've just been reading through this thread. I'm terribly out-of-date with everything to do with the Casebook. Thank you for giving the address of the Jewish Australia Online Shop site. Like you I find the Maybrick story complicated (but fascinating) and am very interested in reading anything to do with it. I've only known about it for just over a year. Previously my knowledge of the Jack the Ripper case was non-existent. Did you ever send off for Steve Powell's book? I have just visited the Jewish Australia site and ordered the book! I have some birthday present money left and so I won't feel guilty that I bought it out of the housekeeping!

Carol

Comment

Hi, Carol, how are you?

No, I haven't read Steve's book... in fact, I never got an answer to my question re: whether it will be released in America, so I'm not sure if Steve is still around. I'll try to remember to check with Amazon.
                  There are currently several dozen books on my Wish List; wish I could afford to buy them all!

Once you have read it, I'd love to know what you think of it.

Do you mind if I ask why your English is so good?
                  Are you an English-speaker who moved to Sweden, or did you just pay attention in class?

Best regards, Archaic

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria View Post
                    Yes, I think the cover is great .. and this "Poor Steve Powell" bit
                    is all because he is being judged before the book has even been
                    read.
                    And yes, judged already because of allegations raised and things
                    said here .. why not wait and see what his further investigations
                    have uncovered, and how it has been put together between the
                    'great cover' before condemning the man.
                    Wise words indeed Victoria and well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                      Hi, Carol, how are you?

No, I haven't read Steve's book... in fact, I never got an answer to my question re: whether it will be released in America, so I'm not sure if Steve is still around. I'll try to remember to check with Amazon.
                      There are currently several dozen books on my Wish List; wish I could afford to buy them all!

Once you have read it, I'd love to know what you think of it.

Do you mind if I ask why your English is so good?
                      Are you an English-speaker who moved to Sweden, or did you just pay attention in class?

Best regards, Archaic
                      Hi Archaic!
                      As soon as I've read Steve Powell's book I'll drop you a line.

I'm English through and through (almost, my mother's mother was Irish from Cork). I hail from Chatham in Kent which is about 40 miles south of London. In 1975 I married Per-Åke and moved to Sweden. We live in Gothenburg.

Have you heard anything about another book that was supposed to have been published last year by a Santa Cruz man called José-Luis Abad y Benitez? The book is Maybrick related and the author apparently believes the Diary to have been written by Jack the Ripper but not by James Maybrick (I quote: 'but that the Ripper identified with Maybrick and his family').

Take care
                      Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                        Wise words indeed Victoria and well said.
                        I wholeheartedly agree with you!

Carol

Comment

The Other New 'Maybrick Diary' Book

Hi, Carol. I'm Irish & English as well, but a Yank.

I don't know about the particular book you mentioned, but a 'Maybrick' book was just published this summer in which the author, James Stettler, claims that the Diary was actually written by the brother of James Maybrick, Michael Maybrick... and that Michael was the Ripper.

Here is the link to a discussion about Stettler's new book:

But if you are just getting into this, please be careful... you might want to read my post #6 to Quasar,
                          in which I warn him that the Diary is actually an Evil Vortex...

Best regards, Archaic

Comment

God help me!! This is the first time I have been on here in over a month, and the first thing I see is this!!! LOL
                            Cheers,
                            cappuccina

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys!"

Comment

Archac and others,

Clearly, you have not been privy to Steve and Victora's fable as it unfolded on these pages the past few years. Steve made the story up as he went along, or as he would put it suddenly "remembered" new details. Originally, an an eminent Ripperologist was going to be fingered but since he was (thankfully) still alive and in a position to sue it was "remembered" it was really the conveniently dead Paul Feldman who was responsible. And each step of the way Victoria would herself suddenly "remember" things as well.

It was a shoddy piece of work by the pair all along and continues so. I would strongly urge anyone not to support this effort and not buy the book. To paraphrase Cicero about Catiline, you have abused our patience long enough Steve so just go away.

Don.
                              "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                                Hi Jez,

The 'odd' mention would be right, if the late Paul Feldman (who I had always assumed was Jewish, although I could be wrong) is going to star in Stevie Baby's book as the man who masterminded the hoaxing of a ripper confession he sincerely and consistently believed to be genuine.

If Feldy is the man who will be blamed for everything, and is patently blameless (for the diary's creation at least), one wonders how long it will take for Jewish Australia to wake up and smell the horse shi* and want Stevie Baby's goolies for breakfast.

Incidentally, I'd be equally dismissive if the book were to accuse the late Melvin Harris of not sincerely and consistently believing the diary was conceived and created in Liverpool, England, sometime after April 1989.

Dead men can't tell tales and it's a crying shame when the living just can't stop themselves.

Love,

Caz
                                X
                                Hi Caz,

Interesting thoughts about dead men being fingered as the diary forger as I recently read an article in which the late Jeremy Beadle was named. It made me wonder why the accuser did not openly challenge Jeremy when he was alive?

Comment

Working...
                                X