Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Powell's New "The Hoax of JtR" Book Is Out...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Powell's New "The Hoax of JtR" Book Is Out...

Jewish Australia Shop. The gateway to everything Jewish in Australia, and Jewish life worldwide. Events, Jewish holidays, song words, dances, genealogy, barmitzvah info, film, festivals, culture.

Hi, everyone. I just noticed this book listing online & (hopefully) provided a link for you above.
    Mr. Steve Powell's new book entitled "The Hoax of the Jack the Ripper Diary" appears to be out now, as it is being offered for sale on a website called "JewishAustralia.com".

Price is listed as AUS $27.95 and AUS $35 for shipping outside Australia and AUS $13 shipping within Australia.

I think it's available for order right now as nothing came up saying otherwise, but I didn't go all the way thru Check-out, so no promises!

PS: I started to put this on the "Steve Powell" Thread, then figured it was better to start a new Thread for it; please feel free to move my post (Oh ye Powers that Be!) if you think best.

- Yours Truly, Archaic

JewishAustralia? That's a strange place for a Ripper book. Actually, that's strange place.

Mike
    huh?

Comment

Hi, Good Michael. Yeah, I kinda thought so too... Maybe the author is testing the >densely Shark-Infested< waters???

-Archaic

Comment

Jewish Australia? Is that owned and operated by Ikey McKenzie, or would it be Bruce Cohen?

Oy-veh, mate.

Graham
        We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
          Jewish Australia? Is that owned and operated by Ikey McKenzie, or would it be Bruce Cohen?

Oy-veh, mate.
          ... well, "Hava nagila" is, after all, an anagram of "Havin' a laga"
          Last edited by Sam Flynn; 05-04-2009, 11:45 PM.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

The link didn't work (for me, anyway) but if you Google your way to the Jewish Australia site, you can find the book under their "shop" link. I can't say that I feel inclined to pay more for the shipping than for the book itself.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
              The link didn't work (for me, anyway) but if you Google your way to the Jewish Australia site, you can find the book under their "shop" link. I can't say that I feel inclined to pay more for the shipping than for the book itself.

I think the shipping deal would be a better buy than the book, to be honest.

Graham
              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Sorry, Graham. You can't purchase the Shipping unless you buy the Book.

Comment

Even though you may get more out of the shipping than the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                    Sorry, Graham. You can't purchase the Shipping unless you buy the Book.
                    That reminds me of a story. It is nearly impossible to find green salads in Korea. I found a pizza place that had a salad bar. It was a bad one, but it did have green lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers. I went to pay for a salad, but they said I couldn't have one without buying a pizza. I said I was alone and didn't want pizza. They said it was the rules. I ordered a small pepperoni pizza and a salad and paid for it, but told them not to make the pizza. They said they had to because it was ordered. I told them they could eat it. They said it was against the rules. After ten minutes, the manager refunded my pizza money and gave me the salad, "Just this one time." This happens daily in Korea where no one can make decisions about something that hasn't been done. Confucianism doesn't allow for stepping outside of one's little task. Much like working for the government, except it's in all walks of life.

Cheers,

Mike
                    huh?

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                      It is nearly impossible to find green salads in Korea.
                      At least it's got something positive going for it!
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                        At least it's got something positive going for it!
                        Oh come on. Even Chairman Mao said "Let a thousand lettuces bloom, a hundred schools of thought contend".

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                          That reminds me of a story. It is nearly impossible to find green salads in Korea. I found a pizza place that had a salad bar. It was a bad one, but it did have green lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers. I went to pay for a salad, but they said I couldn't have one without buying a pizza. I said I was alone and didn't want pizza. They said it was the rules. I ordered a small pepperoni pizza and a salad and paid for it, but told them not to make the pizza. They said they had to because it was ordered. I told them they could eat it. They said it was against the rules. After ten minutes, the manager refunded my pizza money and gave me the salad, "Just this one time." This happens daily in Korea where no one can make decisions about something that hasn't been done. Confucianism doesn't allow for stepping outside of one's little task. Much like working for the government, except it's in all walks of life.

Cheers,

Mike
                          I suspect this had more to do with the buttons on their cash registers than with Confucianism. Nice story, though.

Comment

'The Hoax of the Jack The Ripper Diary'

So ..
                            two sites so far with Steve's book for sale.
                            The first one being directly from his publisher.

"Victoria Victoria, the queen of them all,
                            of Sir Jack she knows nothing at all"

Comment

How much respect can one have for a publishing house like Melbourne Books that, in its lead paragraph about itself on its website, writes:
                              "Melbourne Books is a boutique publishing house that publishes works of both non fiction and fiction. It’s publications range from authorized and unauthorized biographies, to self help books, novels and books that are commissioned by organizations."

Somehow I have a sense that not a whole lot of editing goes into their books.

Don.
                              "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Working...
                              X