what new JtR books are coming down the pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
    Forgive my last post. Ripperologist.info was their old url. It's now ripperologist.biz. The site has an active frontpage, but the rest isn't accessible right now. Having said that, I know for a fact they have back issues for sale. All issues from #62 forward are in electronic format, and select print issues before that are available from the editors or other sources.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
    Ripperologist.biz gives me a website, but cannot click on any part of it, basically it is just a picture, can't even click login. The website doesn't do anything or give any info at all. Not good website at all imo, but don't know the conditions surrounding it lol.

Was hoping to read a few articles in bed tonight hmph lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mariab View Post
      Garza, if you manage to subscribe through that email address, maybe you could tell us? There's no haste (at least for me.)
      Will do maria, let the man do the work lol joke.

Comment

Garza wrote:
        Will do maria, let the man do the work lol joke.

Thankya, man, sir, yes sir!
        Actually I'm disappointed myself, I was under the impression that there was info on Ripperologist in the “Ripper Media“ section of casebook. But there ain't. I'm not sure how I'm gonna proceed for further information about which other back issues to order, besides asking people.
        Garza wrote:
        Was hoping to read a few articles in bed tonight hmph lol.

If you want to read some Ripperological articles online from bed tonight, Garza, just klick on http://books.google.co.uk/books?. You'll get old Ripper Notes issues with articles which complement the debate on Tumblety initiated by the current Examiner issue (#4).
        Best regards,
        Maria

Comment

Reader Beware

Originally posted by RJM View Post
          Jack the Ripper Suspects Frederic P. Miller (ed) et al
          In an otherwise useful thread on reliable new books of interest to readers, (thanks to Pontius2000 for starting it), this book is published by 'Alphascript Publishing', an imprint of 'VDM Publishing', a German print on demand company.

The UK newspaper The Guardian in August 2009, interviewed 'Alphascript' and in answer to the question, "...do all of Alphascript’s books take their content from Wikipedia?", replied, "Yes, since we believe that the quality of the Wikipedia-articles is so good that it is worthwhile creating books with them. Wikipedia themselves give an impulse for this. The articles published on their sites are free in every respect and without any limitations as to further use. All authors participating in texts of Wikipedia know this or should at least know it."

Further reading can be found here:

A company calling itself Alphascript Publishing and Betascript Publishing is taking articles from Wikipedia and publishing them as books.

So, what this book is, is a print on demand poor quality reproduction of the material that can be found here freely:

In this regard, I agree with Tom on the needed role of Ripper periodicals in informing readers of new and reliable books on the subject of Jack the Ripper, the Whitechapel murders and Victorian treatments of East End London.
          Jack the Ripper Writers -- An online community of crime writers and historians.

http://ripperwriters.aforumfree.com

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...nd-black-magic

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
          X