MJK-esque murder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJK-esque murder?

I recall A.P Wolf stating on one of the podcasts that a Mary Kelly-esque murder happened some 20-40 miles from Whitechapel, and in this instance the killer was caught.

Could someone point me in the direction of this case, please?

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
    I recall A.P Wolf stating on one of the podcasts that a Mary Kelly-esque murder happened some 20-40 miles from Whitechapel, and in this instance the killer was caught.

Could someone point me in the direction of this case, please?
    While I don't think it's the case your thinking of...the john gill murder you may find fascinating. A young boy dismembered and left in a shed I believe, one man who the boy was helping with deliveries I believe was arrested but wasn't convicted. I definitely may be off on the facts but you can read all about the case here in some old posts. The dismemberment is eerily similar to Mary kelly
    General discussion about anything Ripper related that does not fall into a specific sub-category. On topic-Ripper related posts only.

Comment

Which episode was this?

JM

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
        While I don't think it's the case your thinking of...the john gill murder you may find fascinating. A young boy dismembered and left in a shed I believe, one man who the boy was helping with deliveries I believe was arrested but wasn't convicted. I definitely may be off on the facts but you can read all about the case here in some old posts. The dismemberment is eerily similar to Mary kelly
        http://forum.casebook.org/archive/index.php/t-2796.html
        Hello, Rocky. Was that the one in Bradford? Heard of it before.

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
        Which episode was this?

JM
        Non-canonicals pt 1, towards the end(ish).

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          Hello, Rocky. Was that the one in Bradford? Heard of it before.

Non-canonicals pt 1, towards the end(ish).
          I think so...thought u mighta been talking about that case....I'm curious which one I don't think I know it

Comment

I should probably add that this murder happened BEFORE the Whitechapel killings, if I remember rightly.

Comment

Hi Harry

I can't think of any murders that were exact in nature before the ripper murders.

All I can think of is the Jane Beadmore case

You have probably heard about that case, but for the moment that is all I can think of.

Comment

Hi Harry

The story of poor Fanny Adams may be of some interest. I'm not sure if her case is what you were referring to, but the terrible murder of Fanny Adams seems to have similar injuries that the ripper inflicted on his victims:

Last edited by Natasha; 12-23-2014, 09:42 AM.

Comment

In this thread:

Discussion of other or multiple victims, or any threads that wouldn't fit under one specific victim forum.

is appears that AP Wolf (Cap'n Jack) may be trying to think of the same case you are asking about, but is unable to come up with it. The thread indicates it may have been posted previous to the server crash? I'd ask him myself but I know he would not recall any specifics after all these years. My only thought is that maybe Debs would see this and reply, possibly she has come across it again.

Also, keep in mind that AP may have been inadvertently misstating certain things like the true dates and specific details if his comments seemed spontaneous. Accuracy, exactitude, whatever you want to call it, and a podcast with AP Wolf are not guaranteed to go hand in hand.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                    In this thread:

Discussion of other or multiple victims, or any threads that wouldn't fit under one specific victim forum.

is appears that AP Wolf (Cap'n Jack) may be trying to think of the same case you are asking about, but is unable to come up with it. The thread indicates it may have been posted previous to the server crash? I'd ask him myself but I know he would not recall any specifics after all these years. My only thought is that maybe Debs would see this and reply, possibly she has come across it again.

Also, keep in mind that AP may have been inadvertently misstating certain things like the true dates and specific details if his comments seemed spontaneous. Accuracy, exactitude, whatever you want to call it, and a podcast with AP Wolf are not guaranteed to go hand in hand.

JM
                    I can't remember one close to the Whitechapel murders, Jon.
                    I do remember the Mansfield murder of 1896-ish I found which was the most similar one to MJK that I've ever come across and the culprit a jealous lover who murdered a whole family but mutilated the object of his desire in a similar way to MJK. No prior, no lead up, just jealousy.

Comment

Hello,

I was re-listening to said podcast the other day. AP says that the killer was a young guy (about 17 years old) who was babysitting when he committed the murder.

Does this help at all?

Comment

Working...
                      X