Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tottenham Court Road case is interesting in it's own right. It differs in a couple of regards which may provide a clue to us. The biggest difference is the head was recovered in this case. Initially thought to be the body of an animal the head was thrown in a dustbin and carted away to the dump. Later the head was recovered at the dump.

Second, the authorities determined death to be four to six months prior. The body parts were covered in Chloride of Lime, which putting two and two together, indicates this body was stored in a certain place before being deposited. I believe it was about this time the killer was making a move from his residence/workplace. TOD would have been about April to June of 1884. Then in September or October he is depositing the parts along Tottenham Court Road.

In 1881, Richard Lawrence was living on Jeffry Street, about a block away from where some of the Rainham Parts were thought to have been deposited in the Regents Canal. Jeffry Street connected to Kentish Town Road heading south, which turned into Camden High street further south, which turned into Hamstead Road at Mornington Crescent finally turning into Tottenham Court Road where it crosses Euston. It was basically the same road with different names. Sometime between 1881 and 1888,Richard Lawrence moved a half mile SE of Battersea Park.

Comment

• Now I've got a new name for fish......pierre!

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
        Now I've got a new name for fish......pierre!
        It´s Pierre with a capital P, Rocky. And of course, you refusal to have a decent discussion, instead opting for the toddler approach of calling people names will shut you out from any real participation in the discussions.

Comment

• Originally posted by pierre View Post
          It´s Pierre with a capital P, Rocky. And of course, you refusal to have a decent discussion, instead opting for the toddler approach of calling people names will shut you out from any real participation in the discussions.
          that's funny pierre because I don't seem to have any problem discussing the case with the others in this forum who aren't whining

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
            The Tottenham Court Road case is interesting in it's own right. It differs in a couple of regards which may provide a clue to us. The biggest difference is the head was recovered in this case. Initially thought to be the body of an animal the head was thrown in a dustbin and carted away to the dump. Later the head was recovered at the dump.

Second, the authorities determined death to be four to six months prior. The body parts were covered in Chloride of Lime, which putting two and two together, indicates this body was stored in a certain place before being deposited. I believe it was about this time the killer was making a move from his residence/workplace. TOD would have been about April to June of 1884. Then in September or October he is depositing the parts along Tottenham Court Road.

In 1881, Richard Lawrence was living on Jeffry Street, about a block away from where some of the Rainham Parts were thought to have been deposited in the Regents Canal. Jeffry Street connected to Kentish Town Road heading south, which turned into Camden High street further south, which turned into Hamstead Road at Mornington Crescent finally turning into Tottenham Court Road where it crosses Euston. It was basically the same road with different names. Sometime between 1881 and 1888,Richard Lawrence moved a half mile SE of Battersea Park.
            Yes jerry I had forgotten this was the case you had mentioned long ago where chloride of lime was used. I also noticed that that the garden where remains were found was cleaned by the board of works! http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=7919

what does scavenger to the st. giles board of works mean? William Meager was sweeping when he scopped the newspaper parcel containing the human head into his cart...interesting......
            Last edited by RockySullivan; 11-15-2017, 11:52 AM.

Comment

that's funny pierre because I don't seem to have any problem discussing the case with the others in this forum who aren't whining
              I am certain that there are those who feel sick to the stomach reading your posts, Rocky, but luckily, I am not the squeamish kind. I´m here to reform you, make a better man of you - my offer stands: man up and you can become part of the discussion.

Comment

Yes jerry I had forgotten this was the case you had mentioned long ago where chloride of lime was used. I also noticed that that the garden where remains were found was cleaned by the board of works! http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=7919

what does scavenger to the st. giles board of works mean? William Meager was sweeping when he scopped the newspaper parcel containing the human head into his cart...interesting......
                A scavenger basically cleaned up trash by picking/sweeping it up. The Board of Works had vestries that worked the different parts of town. The St. Giles vestry would have covered Tottenham Court Road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                  I am certain that there are those who feel sick to the stomach reading your posts, Rocky, but luckily, I am not the squeamish kind. I´m here to reform you, make a better man of you - my offer stands: man up and you can become part of the discussion.
                  fish i'm not interested in you telling me what is or isn't againt the rules or how I should refer to you. i'm not sure how many times I have to say it.

Comment

A scavenger basically cleaned up trash by picking/sweeping it up. The Board of Works had vestries that worked the different parts of town. The St. Giles vestry would have covered Tottenham Court Road.
                    See this is the exactly the position I had in mind when I imagined a board of works killer. maybe meager moved on to different sectors? one thing of note though is how far tottenham court rd is from the thames

Comment

fish i'm not interested in you telling me what is or isn't againt the rules or how I should refer to you. i'm not sure how many times I have to say it.
                      As many as you like, Rocky - that won´t stop me from trying to better you.

Lucky you.

Comment

The Tottenham Court Road case is interesting in it's own right. It differs in a couple of regards which may provide a clue to us. The biggest difference is the head was recovered in this case. Initially thought to be the body of an animal the head was thrown in a dustbin and carted away to the dump. Later the head was recovered at the dump.

wow-interesting stuff Jerry!

But I thought you had wildbore as a suspect? whos this Lawrence chap?
                        "Is all that we see or seem
                        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Abby what thread have you been reading? Lawrence is the other worker who was in the vault on wildbore

Comment

one thing of note though is how far tottenham court rd is from the thames
                            Yes, but so was the Regents Canal.

I think you know I have looked seriously at the Board of Works connection over the years. There was a huge trash destructor in George Yard, owned by the Board of Works. Also the land where the Pinchin torso was dumped was owned by the Board of Works. Their main office was close to John Arnolds newspaper stand in Charing Cross. And of course, a letter was sent with a kidney to George Lusk who was a member of the Board of Works and was also a builder. Patrick Mulshaw was watching a project bt the Board of Works around the corner from Bucks Row and James Blenkinsop, who was near Mitre Square the night of the Eddowes murder,was a watchman for some road improvements. I would imagine he worked for the Board of Works? Last, the construction of the tramway on Commercial Street was going on in the autumn of 1888.

A lot of possible construction/navvy/Board of Works connections. Elizabeth Jackson, incidentally, was seen with a man of a navvy appearance just before her disappearance.
                            Last edited by jerryd; 11-15-2017, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

If you don't know me by know Abby, I have about 40,000 suspects depending on the day. lol

Richard Lawrence was working on the site with Wildbore. He put Wildbores tools away on Saturday and took them back out on Monday morning. He is described by Wilbore as "my laborer". He is the man on Tuesday morning that Wildbore supposedly lit a match and showed the parcel to and then they both went away thinking it was nothing. I feel they could be in cahoots. Both lived in the Battersea area in 1888.

Comment

Yes, but so was the Regents Canal.

I think you know I have looked seriously at the Board of Works connection over the years. There was a huge trash destructor in George Yard, owned by the Board of Works. Also the land where the Pinchin torso was dumped was owned by the Board of Works. Their main office was close to John Arnolds newspaper stand in Charing Cross. And of course, a letter was sent with a kidney to George Lusk who was a member of the Board of Works and was also a builder. Patrick Mulshaw was watching a project bt the Board of Works around the corner from Bucks Row and James Blenkinsop, who was near Mitre Square the night of the Eddowes murder,was a watchman for some road improvements. I would imagine he worked for the Board of Works? Last, the construction of the tramway on Commercial Street was going on in the autumn of 1888.

A lot of possible construction/navvy/Board of Works connections. Elizabeth Jackson, incidentally, was seen with a man of a navvy appearance just before her disappearance.
                                Of course jerry and I think you are right about the board of works. have you gave meager a look yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X