Arlis Perry murder solved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arlis Perry murder solved?

The primary suspect in an infamous unsolved 1974 murder in Stanford Memorial Church killed himself on Thursday morning as detectives came to his San Jose apartment to serve a search warrant, Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith said.
    “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Interesting. Quite the complete write-up, too.
    - Ginger

Comment

My guess is that in the 1970s, when the case occurred, not only was the lack of DNA a problem, but the earlier argument between Arlen and her husband out in public probably made the husband an equally good suspect to the murder. But they could not build a total case against the husband, anymore than against the custodian of the church.

Neat finale to it all.

Jeff

Comment

Bet Berkowitz is feeling a little silly now...

Comment

Thanks for this Magpie.

My recollection from Maury Terry's book "The Ultimate Evil" is that Terry thought that that Arlis Perry's murder was by a satanic cult that included Son of Sam (Berkowitz).

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
            Thanks for this Magpie.

My recollection from Maury Terry's book "The Ultimate Evil" is that Terry thought that that Arlis Perry's murder was by a satanic cult that included Son of Sam (Berkowitz).
            Yep, the Process Church of the Final Judgement. They sued him in the UK and he was forced to remove all mention of them from the English release of the book.

Comment

Working...
            X