Lechmere graves and tragedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miss marple View Post
    It has absolutely no significence. The nature of common graves is that bodies are placed where there is space in a communal grave. If the graves are full they would not be used, twenty years had passed. Also burial in a common grave does not consider relatives. No one is going to search through registers looking for relatives because it has no bearing on the case. The original grave location may have been forgotten to family as there are no markers. There was a war on, more important things to worry about.

Miss Marple
    As I'm going to continue to "assume" This is the simplest and most logical explanation and it also comes from a professional in the field, unlike the second hand explanations and interpretations of others professional opinions that haunt this forum from time to time.

It has been intimated although not said outright that Liz consciously chose not to be buried with Charles because he was a killer. Since there is no concrete evidence (contemporary or otherwise) that Lechmere was a killer there is absolutely no reason to accept this is why she was buried where she was. They had several children and it may very well have been their decision where to bury her.

It is apparent that Miss Marple is correct. Pro-suspect people tend to make ambiguous statements and insinuations, such as the case here, and then when cornered by a question or request they tend to pull out the old standard "We'll never know" or "You can't be sure and shouldn't speculate", when this is what they're doing on other threads to boast their theory.

Hypocrisy is rampant and when you see it in writing, you realize how ridiculous people can be when they don't want to face facts.

Columbo

Comment

Originally posted by Columbo View Post
      As I'm going to continue to "assume" This is the simplest and most logical explanation and it also comes from a professional in the field, unlike the second hand explanations and interpretations of others professional opinions that haunt this forum from time to time.

It has been intimated although not said outright that Liz consciously chose not to be buried with Charles because he was a killer. Since there is no concrete evidence (contemporary or otherwise) that Lechmere was a killer there is absolutely no reason to accept this is why she was buried where she was. They had several children and it may very well have been their decision where to bury her.

It is apparent that Miss Marple is correct. Pro-suspect people tend to make ambiguous statements and insinuations, such as the case here, and then when cornered by a question or request they tend to pull out the old standard "We'll never know" or "You can't be sure and shouldn't speculate", when this is what they're doing on other threads to boast their theory.

Hypocrisy is rampant and when you see it in writing, you realize how ridiculous people can be when they don't want to face facts.

Columbo
      Are you a professional police officer or detective? Or if not, what is your profession?

Jeff

Comment

Columbo
        Yep, plenty of it goes on around here.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
          Are you a professional police officer or detective? Or if not, what is your profession?

Jeff
          Hi Jeff,

I'm a Computer Systems Administrator. I specialize in Mac OSX, Windows and Linux Servers.

Jack the Ripper is a very part-time hobby with me as is crime as a whole. I do not claim to be an expert on this subject at all.

Columbo

Comment

I suspect the opening words of the memoriam card issued by the family might help clear up any mystery.
            Attached Files
            dustymiller
            aka drstrange

Comment

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
              I suspect the opening words of the memoriam card issued by the family might help clear up any mystery.
              Does so for me. Thanks for showing.

Columbo

Comment

Dr. Strange, thank you for sharing your find of the Lechmere funeral card. It's another piece of evidence to support the idea of Charles as a hard-working family man who raised his family and managed to leave some silver behind, too.
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

Did they make a second one for Charles Cross?

Columbo

Comment

We will never know because Mrs Cross said there was another undertaker already there.
                    dustymiller
                    aka drstrange

Comment

Columbo
                      Completely agree - nice post

Comment

We will never know because Mrs Cross said there was another undertaker already there.
                        But

A. Did he give his real name and

B. Was said undertaker buried with his wife?

G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

The undertaker was questioned severely but, stately positively that there was no funeral when he looked half an hour before.
                          dustymiller
                          aka drstrange

Comment

The undertaker was questioned severely but, stately positively that there was no funeral when he looked half an hour before.
                            Didn't one of the Lechmere children tell another undertaker he was needed at the funeral?

Columbo

Comment

Didn't one of the Lechmere children tell another undertaker he was needed at the funeral?

Columbo
                              But I think the real undertaker arrived before him.
                              G U T

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                                Assume away, by all means!

I am just saying that I find it impossible myself to speculate what applies.
                                Except in post #16 of this thread in which you say you "always assumed Lechmere left his money to his wife".
                                Last edited by Bridewell; 02-06-2018, 02:13 PM.
                                I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Working...
                                X