Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Fisherman 2 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Sam Flynn 4 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Fisherman 12 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Fisherman 19 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by John G 31 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Sam Flynn 45 minutes ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Scene of the Crimes: The Bucks Row Project Summary Report. - (38 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - (29 posts)
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: Lech versus Kos - (26 posts)
Mary Ann Nichols: What Direction Was Polly Travelling When She Was Killed? - (23 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Did Jack leave his fingerprints on Mary Jane Kelly? - (11 posts)
Doctors and Coroners: Sedgewick Saunders ....... why did he say the things he said ? - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Motive, Method and Madness

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1231  
Old 10-27-2017, 08:54 AM
Sam Flynn Sam Flynn is online now
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 10,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
How about the fact that flesh WAS cut away?
Perhaps Jackson's baby piqued the killer's curiosity. Maybe he was the father.
__________________
Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message
  #1232  
Old 10-27-2017, 09:10 AM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post
Not really, Abby, because - as I said earlier - there are only so many practicable ways for a layman to cut away abdominal flesh. For that reason, I don't see the cutting of flaps, slabs or strips of flesh as a useful diagnostic criterion.
Ok thanks Sam
I guess were at the end of the road on this one then!
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message
  #1233  
Old 10-27-2017, 10:28 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is online now
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post
No, because the removal of teeth would be decidedly weird.

Dismemberment murders have been associated with the cutting open of the abdomen and the removal of organs, and usually for very practical reasons (Gein, Nilsen, Dahmer). With dismemberment murders, therefore, it appears that the opening of the abdomen and the removal of the organs needn't be an end in itself.
How about the removal of the buttocks then? If you don´t think it is weird to remove the abdominal wall, that is to say...

There is also another parameter to weigh in. Even if YOU think it makes all the sense in the world to take away the abdominal wall, whereas it seems to YOU that taking out teeth is decidedly weird, this actually is not what the matter hinges on.

Because if it emerges that IN SPITE of how you think it is weird to take out teeth, it happens, whereas IN SPITE of how you think it a commonplace thing to do to ut away the abdominal walls, that NEVER happens, then we are faced with how the latter thing is LESS likely to happen.

You see, Gareth, we should never leave these matters to your perception of reality. That would be a very daft thing to do in my opinion. And my guess is that if anything, a cut away abdominal wall is less common than pulled out teeth.

Gein, Nielsen, Dahmer - who of these men removed the abdominal wall from their victims, Gareth?

Last edited by Fisherman : 10-27-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Quick reply to this message
  #1234  
Old 10-27-2017, 10:31 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is online now
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post
Perhaps Jackson's baby piqued the killer's curiosity. Maybe he was the father.
That does not even begin to touch on what the matter was here: Why would we look away from the fact that taking away the abdomen in flaps is extremely uncommon?
Quick reply to this message
  #1235  
Old 10-27-2017, 10:35 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is online now
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17,844
Default

As an aside, Gareth - you DO realize that your take on things is bound for the grave, don´t you? And that the idea that there was just the one killer is gaining momentum as we speak?

Tomorrow was always gonna be another day.
Quick reply to this message
  #1236  
Old 10-27-2017, 11:18 AM
Sam Flynn Sam Flynn is online now
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 10,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
And that the idea that there was just the one killer is gaining momentum as we speak?
No chance. We're dealing with at least two different killers; one living in the East End, the other somewhere around the Clapham/Battersea area. Never mind the differences between what happened to the victims - the geographical distribution of the dump-sites alone speaks volumes.
__________________
Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message
  #1237  
Old 10-27-2017, 11:20 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is online now
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post
No chance. We're dealing with at least two different killers; one living in the East End, the other somewhere around the Clapham/Battersea area. Never mind the differences between what happened to the victims - the geographical distribution of the dump-sites alone speaks volumes.
Well, if you are not able to keep track of one thing, then why would you be able to do so of the other one?

It all makes sense.

It´s touching to hear you say "no chance", though.
Quick reply to this message
  #1238  
Old 10-27-2017, 11:21 AM
Sam Flynn Sam Flynn is online now
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 10,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
That does not even begin to touch on what the matter was here: Why would we look away from the fact that taking away the abdomen in flaps is extremely uncommon?
None of the torso victims had their abdomen removed. Kelly did, and nothing in the torso series gets anywhere near what happened to Kelly.
__________________
Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message
  #1239  
Old 10-27-2017, 11:37 AM
Sam Flynn Sam Flynn is online now
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 10,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
Gein, Nielsen, Dahmer - who of these men removed the abdominal wall from their victims, Gareth?
Dahmer certainly did.

Anyway, the point is that these men - and people like them - wanted to remove the abdominal organs for various reasons, and they could have gained access to them only in a limited number of practicable ways. A single, long incision is one approach; cutting out panels/flaps/strips of flesh is another. There's nothing remarkable if two separate murderers happen upon similar approaches to accessing the abdominal viscera.

Flaps, schmaps.
__________________
Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message
  #1240  
Old 10-27-2017, 11:39 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is online now
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post
None of the torso victims had their abdomen removed. Kelly did, and nothing in the torso series gets anywhere near what happened to Kelly.
When are you going to get a grip? When are you going to stop peddling your view as if it was a fact?

What happened to Kelly on the whole is OUTSIDE of this discussion. The ONLY parameter we use in this discussion is the removal - fully or partly - of abdominal walls. And you have absolutely NO idea how much of the abdominal wall was removed from Jackson. It frustrates you, I know, but that´s the way it is: You know not a iot about how large a part of Jacksons abdominal wall was removed. We only know that two LARGE and LONG parts of it was removed, and they could together easily make up 75 per cent of the abdominal wall. COULD, I say - since I am not given to your kind of factifying ideas.

It therefore applies that the removal of the abdominal wall of Jackson - I am not saying TOTAL removal, because, you lnow, I am not given to... und so weiter - may very well come not only anywhere near but also possibly VERY near what happened to Kelly IN THIS PARTICULAR ELEMENT.

You are actually polluting the thread with very misleading statements, Gareth. I don´t know what it is I bring out in you, but it sure isn´t flattering for you.

Now, if you want to make yourself REALLY useful, go find another case where a killer cut away the abdominal wall from his victim. Just the one will do. Or find an instance in criminal history where two eviscerators roamed the streets of the exact same town simultaneously.

Then again, you do not have any wish at all to make yourself useful, do you?

This debate is quickly descending down the same ladder anchored in hell that the debate a bout Lawson Tait was pushed down. I will gladly answer intelligible or factual reasoning, but I have no wish to engage in any further horseshit throwing. It is up to you what happens next.

Last edited by Fisherman : 10-27-2017 at 11:44 AM.
Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.