Why so little focus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
    And a damn fine job you have made of it, Debs.
    Just like you, I have been wrestling with this 500 pound gorilla now for a few years, and find it a rewarding and useful task, as it helps to put the Whitechapel Murders into another context, enabling us to take a wider view of the crimes, and the period they were committed in.
    A few years ago I began researching - and posting on these boards - facts and figures regarding murder and mutilation in the years between 1886 and 1889 - believe it or not it had never been done before - and I like to think the results of that research changed forever the way many viewed the crimes in splendid isolation, and led to a wider view and discussion about the Whitechapel Murders.
    I think this is also where the 'Torso' crimes have a very large role to play.
    Only the other day I was astounded to discover that the victim in the Scotland Yard torso case, who had been described as 'well built' and 'plump', had in fact a 28 inch waist.
    I'm fairly wary of linkage between the Torso murders and the Whitechapel Murders, at this stage, but I have said many times that I have always regarded Mary Kelly as an interrupted crime, and that she was destined for the Thames as a victim of the Torso murderer.
    Personally, over the years, I've hand-wrestled this 500 pound gorilla a few times, with no success yet I'll admit, but he don't scare me.
    Hi AP,

Re-reading I caught this post.......and I believe we spoke of this once before, that Mary Kelly's remains suggests her killer was likely planning on separating limbs from torso...her right arm is almost severed completely I believe, as was her head, and that bizarre thigh peeling may be an amateur fully exposing a joint.

That one torso was found on a site in 89 with Police linkage is interesting, and that the one found on Oct 2nd or 3rd in 1888 went into the water during the month when 2 new psychopathic killers strike is interesting as well....

I think people dismiss anarchy too easily in some cases myself.

All the best AP

Comment

Thanks Michael for a sound and thoughtful post.
      What sort of amuses me here, is that the Metropolitan Police used to store their surplus truncheons in the cellars of the old Yard, ready to pull out for a Trafalgar Square riot when required... so the Torso killer gave 'em a female body right in the heart of their empire... and then guess who had to sign the form releasing surplus truncheons into the hands of the special constables, like Lord Grimthorpe, employed in Trafalgar Square?

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
        Thanks Michael for a sound and thoughtful post.
        What sort of amuses me here, is that the Metropolitan Police used to store their surplus truncheons in the cellars of the old Yard, ready to pull out for a Trafalgar Square riot when required... so the Torso killer gave 'em a female body right in the heart of their empire... and then guess who had to sign the form releasing surplus truncheons into the hands of the special constables, like Lord Grimthorpe, employed in Trafalgar Square?
        Nice tie in my friend. We cant, or shouldnt, look at the cases in isolation....I agree with you 100%. And with all the political agendas in the mix....we cant assume we have all the facts before us today.

I personally believe there is a direct link somewhere from the events of the Fall of 88 with the riot in 87. And in that belief exists anarchy as a motivator.

All the best AP

Comment

Working...
        X