• Show
Clear All

• Jack the Ripper and the Case for Scotland Yard's Prime Suspect - Rob House

I see that Amazon now has a partial preview of Rob's forthcoming book:

Excellent Book

Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I see that Amazon now has a partial preview of Rob's forthcoming book:
    http://tinyurl.com/422njgw
    This excellent book is now published, Jack the Ripper and the Case For Scotland Yard's Prime Suspect by Robert House (foreword by Roy Hazelwood), Hoboken, NJ, John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2011.

For too long the important suspect Kosminski has not had a book devoted to him; but now we have one. Written by an author who knows and understands his subject this is a must for all Ripper book collectors. Make sure that you secure a copy as soon as possible.
    SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

Going to order one now

Comment

Ditto, Stewart.
        Best Wishes,
        Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Thank you all for your comments. I would be more than happy to reply to any questions or feedback anyone wants to post.
          Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robhouse View Post
            Thank you all for your comments. I would be more than happy to reply to any questions or feedback anyone wants to post.
            Rob
            Just ordered it. Can't wait to read it Rob.

Comment

This is the book that has kept me excited for a long time - too bad I won't be able to secure one yet until it is released because my dear brother would also like to order a book and we would save on postage on Amazon. Typical!

I am majorly anxious to read this since Kozminski is my favourite suspect of the case and it would answer so many questions! I cannot thank you enough Rob for all the research and time you put into this much needed book! Thank you!

Comment

Can't wait to peruse...

This book is essential as Rob has just opened my eyes to some new thinking. I just hope my girlfriend doesn't intercept it as she already thinks me mad..............

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregBaron View Post
                  This book is essential as Rob has just opened my eyes to some new thinking. I just hope my girlfriend doesn't intercept it as she already thinks me mad..............

Greg
                  Ha! My family all think the same! In fact, my classmates find it a topic to thoroughly ridicule! This will be something that I have my nose in obsessively for many months I can predict! And it should be perfect for my comic sketches that I am making based on the Killer being Kozminski. It should be great reference!

Comment

I'm sure this book will be an essential JTR book for the Polish Jew theory. Speaking personally, I'll be very interested in the genealogical research, but less so in the mental health aspects, since such things as schizophrenia and sociopathy seem to me to be rather hazy concepts. But it will be great to have all the info on Aaron collected in one place. Good luck with it, Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                      I'm sure this book will be an essential JTR book for the Polish Jew theory. Speaking personally, I'll be very interested in the genealogical research, but less so in the mental health aspects, since such things as schizophrenia and sociopathy seem to me to be rather hazy concepts. But it will be great to have all the info on Aaron collected in one place. Good luck with it, Rob.
                      I just received my copy from Amazon. Can't wait to get into it!

Comment

Abby - do you mean that it's arrived? On Amazon UK it states that the title has not yet been released but is available for pre-order. Sorry if I am getting mixed up and confused here, but I thought it was released on the 31st May.

Comment

Originally posted by JtRMordke View Post
                          Abby - do you mean that it's arrived? On Amazon UK it states that the title has not yet been released but is available for pre-order. Sorry if I am getting mixed up and confused here, but I thought it was released on the 31st May.
                          Hi yes
                          its in my hot little hands.

I ordered it several days ago from Amazon-I am in the US.

Comment

Just to clarify a bit.

It was scheduled to come out on May 3 in the US, but in fact the book was shipping about a week and a half prior to this date. The release date in the UK is a bit later for some reason (May 31), but I assume it might be shipping a bit earlier there like it did in the US.

Rob H

Comment

Thanks Rob!

@Abby - Darn you Americans! *Grrrrr*

Strange that the book came out in the US first, and not England. :/ I am so excited for this book that I fear I cannot wait any longer, and this is just taunting me! xD

Comment

Working...
                              X