Fame or Infamy ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir Robert Anderson View Post
    One of the promises is to unveil the truth "after nearly forty years of lies and deception". Now, correct me if I am wrong, but that puts us in the 1970s.
    I think Powell says it started in 1969 and continued for several years, up to about 1975... the creation of the diary, that is.

Mike
    huh?

Comment

I prefer to think of it as the Plan 9 From Outer Space of Ripperology.
      Hold it right there Ed Wood was a genius

Comment

Wally is more an English term. Drongo is the only Australian equivilant I can come up with.

I'll read the book if somebody will provide me with a free copy

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
          Ed Wood was a genius
          He had you fooled then. Nothing genius about Wood except that he somehow got his movies made.

Mike
          huh?

Comment

Belinda,

The last time there was a book this bad that everyone had to read for the comedic effect, but no one wanted to pay for it to provide the nut job with a the coin, one person bought a copy and then it got mailed to everyone who wanted to read it, each person just paying for postage.

Now that I know he's not only done copyright violation but plagiarism as well (by not citing Casebook at all and ripping off the content and not crediting me with my own words) I am thinking of purchasing a copy.

Let all Oz be agreed;
            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
              Belinda,

The last time there was a book this bad that everyone had to read for the comedic effect, but no one wanted to pay for it to provide the nut job with a the coin, one person bought a copy and then it got mailed to everyone who wanted to read it, each person just paying for postage.

Now that I know he's not only done copyright violation but plagiarism as well (by not citing Casebook at all and ripping off the content and not crediting me with my own words) I am thinking of purchasing a copy.
              I love Pass The Parcel

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                He had you fooled then. Nothing genius about Wood except that he somehow got his movies made.

Mike
                But that's part of his genius

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                  If nothing else, you'll need a copy to provide your attorney.

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                  . A high colonic might be needed after reading the book.

Mike
                  This book is a high colonic. Especially if you are someone driven to despair by poor punctuation, such as improper use of it's versus its, which is my own personal jihad.
                  Managing Editor
                  Casebook Wiki

Comment

This book is a high colonic. Especially if you are someone driven to despair by poor punctuation, such as improper use of it's versus its, which is my own personal jihad.
                    Oh I screw that one up all the time when writing quickly. I wouldn't be so tacky as to do it in formal writing though. I've also noticed a distressing tendency for their instead of there creeping into my writing. I think my keyboard is possessed, I KNOW the difference yet I type a paragraph, read it over and go...what the hell?? There's a their there!

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Page 2 has the teenaged Park and Mr. Powell discussing the forged Anne Frank diary. Yes, you read that right. Forged.
                      Managing Editor
                      Casebook Wiki

Comment

You are kidding me. What a complete waste of oxygen that man is.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Sir R,

such as improper use of it's versus its, which is my own personal jihad.

How about a lot as the single word alot? I find that solecism ever increasing and it is major peeve of mine.

Don.
                          "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

There's a Facebook group :

'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.
                            Managing Editor
                            Casebook Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Supe View Post
                              How about a lot as the single word alot?
                              Alot is vile and despicable.

How do you feel about alright ? Borderline in my eyes.

But the real trip point for turning me into a raging maniac is "looser" for someone that has lost.
                              Managing Editor
                              Casebook Wiki

Comment

What about everyday when it's not used as an adjective but as a noun of frequency? Every day I read something from my students that irks me.
                                huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X