Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Ben 3 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Ben 3 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Witnesses: Sarah and Maurice Lewis - (11 posts)
Torso Killings: torso maps - (9 posts)
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - (7 posts)
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: Lechmere was Jack the Ripper - (5 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: Mitre square, very upsetting! - (1 posts)
Maybrick, James: One Incontrovertible, Unequivocal, Undeniable Fact Which Refutes the Diary - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Victims > Non-Canonical Victims > Torso Killings

Old Today, 05:25 AM
Casebook Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
But seriously Frank this is another example of the minutia rabbit hole.
It's not a "minutiae rabbit hole", it's merely taking things down one level, which hardly constitutes "minutiae". For example:

Level 1 - Same area
Level 2 - Opposite ends of a large city

Level 1 - Neck wounds
Level 2 - Throat cutting in the Ripper series / Beheadings in the Torso murders

It's all a matter of being accurate with the data. Level 1 arguments are way too high-level to make any valid comparisons; indeed, the two examples I've given are misleading and/or inaccurate, but that hasn't stopped them being used by pro-Torsoripper advocates.
Quote:
your never going to find two serial killers alike with this much detail.
The details are very different, particularly at Level 2, but also at Level 1 if we're honest with ourselves.
Quote:
No one can even answer this very broad one- have there ever been two eviscerating serial killers operating in the same city at the same time before?
No one can answer that because the question is invalid. The torso killer/s was/were primarily into dismemberment, not evisceration.

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:54 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
Sure-the torsoripper.
Quote:
But seriously Frank this is another example of the minutia rabbit hole.your never going to find two serial killers alike with this much detail.
It actually isn't all that detailed. I could have done with just the last 2 conditions in my earlier post:
- the following series was at a distinctly higher frequency than the first
- the first series suggesting a planner, the following a doer (little or no planning)
The first 2 conditions were just there to define a series.
Quote:
No one can even answer this very broad one-
I'm not that interested in finding examples, but would rather like to know what criminal/forensic psychologists would have to say about these 2 particular differences ("planner" vs. "doer"and "slow" vs. "outburst"). If they'd say that it means nothing, then I'd think it likely that TM and the Ripper were one and the same.
Quote:
have there ever been two eviscerating serial killers operating in the same city at the same time before?
Not as far as I know.
Old Today, 05:59 AM
Casebook Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankO View Post
like to know what criminal/forensic psychologists would have to say about these 2 particular differences ("planner" vs. "doer"and "slow" vs. "outburst"). If they'd say that it means nothing, then I'd think it likely that TM and the Ripper were one and the same.
Eh?!!! Despite the clear difference in geography, the disparity in the ages of the victims, and the nature of the wounds, etc? You surprise me, Frank

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Old Today, 07:36 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankO View Post
It actually isn't all that detailed. I could have done with just the last 2 conditions in my earlier post:
- the following series was at a distinctly higher frequency than the first
- the first series suggesting a planner, the following a doer (little or no planning)
The first 2 conditions were just there to define a series.
I'm not that interested in finding examples, but would rather like to know what criminal/forensic psychologists would have to say about these 2 particular differences ("planner" vs. "doer"and "slow" vs. "outburst"). If they'd say that it means nothing, then I'd think it likely that TM and the Ripper were one and the same.
Not as far as I know.
Hi Frank
well im no criminal psychologist but I would posit that the ripper was also a planner:

He used a ruse to get the victims where he wanted them-posing as a client. The torsoman probably did the same.

He surely planned which nights he was going to be actively hunting-had to bring the knife, have money to show, perhaps rag, bag or gloves. wear dark clothes that wouldnt show blood stains.

And since he was always one step ahead of the police-perhaps planned when to strike according to beats.

The evidence shows Mary probably knew her killer-so he probably planned on targeting her-especially if he knew she had her own place and knew she recently broke up and was single again.

re slow vs Outburst. To me if they were the same-the outburst is possible because his chop shop not available and or hes upping the thrill factor.
which with this climax he stops for a while and then Mckenzie and pinchon later and then both series end at the same time. The ending of both series at the same time is very much more significant than any changes during the series in my mind.

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Last edited by Abby Normal : Today at 07:39 AM.