Rippercast Archive Recording Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rippercast Archive Recording Project

Commencing on 20 October we'll begin releasing audio recordings spanning the last 25 years of Ripperology history.

This unique and important project aims to preserve these historical tapes before they are lost forever.

Links to the individual releases will be posted in the thread below.

Stay Tuned.

JM

What a truly wonderful project.
    All the best with it success

Steve

Comment

Thanks, Steve.

I'm happy that we've got individuals in the field eager to donate their collection of recordings, people volunteering to transfer them to a digital format, professionals to clean the quarter century of dust off of them, and the platform already built on Casebook to create an archive.

Its very much a group effort and there's bound to be something of interest to everyone.

A window into the past, for sure.

JM

Comment

I can only echo Steve's comments.

A smashing idea!

Looking forward to all the broadcasts.

Comment

The first audio release from our archives will appear this coming weekend.

Also, several of the recordings we have are radio interviews dating from the mid-1990s dealing with the discovery and publication of the 'Diary of Jack the Ripper' which, due to copyright and licensing issues, we cannot release. I will be transcribing the interviews, however, and making that available. Its really the best solution I could come up with.

Stay tuned!

JM

Comment

Working...
          X