Thin argument against

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
    Did he transatlantic stalk? Where? I must have missed that.
    When a woman flees in terror and you go hunt her down, thats stalking. A marriage certificate does not nullify the behavior.
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
      When a woman flees in terror and you go hunt her down, thats stalking. A marriage certificate does not nullify the behavior.
      Right. I was just not sure since he was still married to her and about to become a father again.But yes he followed her and tried to get her to live with him.
      Interestingly he blanked her totally at the 1903 trial---said he had never met her before.

Comment

Right. I was just not sure since he was still married to her and about to become a father again.But yes he followed her and tried to get her to live with him.
        Interestingly he blanked her totally at the 1903 trial---said he had never met her before.
        Severin was not going to admit to anything unflattering about himself. I am realitively sure he was as uncomfortable in our "reality" as we are in his. A good arguement for sociopathy could be made.

Comment

Yes,he probably was sociopathic. But I think he might also have been paranoid schizophrenic.His sudden departures from reality hint at this as does his disturbed work record.

Comment

Yes,he probably was sociopathic. But I think he might also have been paranoid schizophrenic.His sudden departures from reality hint at this as does his disturbed work record.
            You could be right! My only consideration is modern recent studies (within the last 10 years ) seem to suggest that serious psychiatric phenomena are rare in serials. They are not absent however, and old George does check in and out of reality pretty quickly. Another study of the brains of sociopaths post mortem shows most missing a keytone ( amino acid) in key regions of the brain. Respectfully Dave

Comment

Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
              You could be right! My only consideration is modern recent studies (within the last 10 years ) seem to suggest that serious psychiatric phenomena are rare in serials. They are not absent however, and old George does check in and out of reality pretty quickly. Another study of the brains of sociopaths post mortem shows most missing a keytone ( amino acid) in key regions of the brain. Respectfully Dave
              Just recently we have had the case here of a Broadmoor lifer , the serial killer/virgin rapist ,Robert Napper,believing himself to have won the nobel prize and a few other similar fantasies, who carried out a Mary Kelly type murder and mutilation as well as killing the victim"s child .He had spent time stalking a young mother and managing to get her to open the door of her flat.He has recently been found to have been responsible also for the unsolved murder of Rachel Nickell on Wimbledon Common ,which was very like the case of Martha Tabram in terms of a frenzied knifing attack.This man is said to be a paranoid scizophrenic.As well as these three murders two of young mothers one of their child,it is now believed possible that he carried out at least three other apparently motiveless murders---still completely unsolved for a dozen years or more, killing women in unexplained murders over the London area.

Comment

Whilst I've heard of schizophrenics who believe they're being poisoned, I've yet to hear of a schizophrenic who was a poisoner himself. Indeed, slow poisoning seems somehow incompatible with the impulsiveness one might associate with a deviant schizophrenic - in contrast to outbursts of violence, which seem comparatively more common in such individuals.

Whilst there's every possibility that Jack the Ripper might have been schizophrenic, I don't see much that suggests that Klosowski was. In fact, that consideration alone might well rule out the possibility that they were one and the same person.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Just recently we have had the case here of a Broadmoor lifer , the serial killer/virgin rapist ,Robert Napper,believing himself to have won the nobel prize and a few other similar fantasies, who carried out a Mary Kelly type murder and mutilation as well as killing the victim"s child .He had spent time stalking a young mother and managing to get her to open the door of her flat.He has recently been found to have been responsible also for the unsolved murder of Rachel Nickell on Wimbledon Common ,which was very like the case of Martha Tabram in terms of a frenzied knifing attack.This man is said to be a paranoid scizophrenic.As well as these three murders two of young mothers one of their child,it is now believed possible that he carried out at least three other apparently motiveless murders---still completely unsolved for a dozen years or more, killing women in unexplained murders over the London area.
                  There exists a phenomena called linkage blindness, whereby people assuming a criminal with one demonstrated type of crime refuse to accept the possibility of other types of crimes at the same persons hand. We know of this phenomena and it still happens, what do you surmise the state of our late victorian data to be? I will bet all that I have that the crimes that resulted in Severino's hanging are not the entirety of his crimes. Lethal pathologies do not spring from a vacuum, and once established they do not cease demanding a satiating stimuli. These satiating stimuli vary according to the individual person. These can even be legal outlets for the pathology. It is quite clear however that once the pathology is established it is terminal. When we as outside observers percieve a pause, it is because we are missing data. Respectfully Dave
                  Last edited by protohistorian; 02-15-2009, 03:08 AM. Reason: piss poor spelling

Comment

Hitler after all was a "casebook" paranoid schizophrenic-who turned a mass murderer and poisoned by gas,as well as ordering wholesale destruction by bombs,arson---- various methods in all.
                    I doubt very much indeed Chapman would have restricted himself to poisoning latterly but for the fact that he was able to exterminate the wives he wanted rid of by a method which was not easily discovered.
                    It needs further investigation Sam, but being a paranoid schizophrenic would not rule out him killing by any method "suggested" to him----by his inner voices.
                    Cheers

Comment

I've never heard of a serial poisoning schizophrenic, though, Nats. Perhaps that's because poisoning is a comparatively rare crime.
                      I doubt very much indeed Chapman would have restricted himself to poisoning latterly but for the fact that he was able to exterminate the wives he wanted rid of by a method which was not easily discovered.
                      As I've pointed out before, that needn't have stopped him continuing to "rip" strangers from 1889 onwards, yet after November '88 we see nothing like Jackie-boy's exploits manifesting themselves in Klosowski's orbit... indeed, Klosowski's first proven kill is in 1897, and it's nothing like wot Jackie-boy did.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                        I've never heard of a serial poisoning schizophrenic, though, Nats. Perhaps that's because poisoning is a comparatively rare crime.As I've pointed out before, that needn't have stopped him continuing to "rip" strangers from 1889 onwards, yet after November '88 we see nothing like Jackie-boy's exploits manifesting themselves in Klosowski's orbit... indeed, Klosowski's first proven kill is in 1897, and it's nothing like wot Jackie-boy did.
                        It is tough to low dose poison when your sharing your faculties.

Comment

But we don"t know that Sam.There may have been other killings---almost certainly were.Like Dave said earlier,might he not have been as far as he could go with Mary Kelly and so the series fizzled out after that---came to a natural end? Next off he is [re] marrying and embarking on pastures new.
                          He was actually pretty violent by several accounts,flourishing a knife and threatening Lucy,moving onto cheat and try out threesomes before moving on to others--- to bully and beat Mary Spink when he began to tire of Hastings and her and finally move onto his last victim Maud Marsh.
                          I believe he may have believed he was "ordered" to kill.How he decided to accomplish it was his choice and after all poisoning was a far safer option than knife attacks,from the point of view of the law!
                          Last edited by Natalie Severn; 02-15-2009, 04:09 AM.

Comment

But we don"t know that Sam.There may have been other killings---almost certainly were.Like Dave said earlier,might he not have been as far as he could go with Mary Kelly and so the series fizzled out after that---came to a natural end? Next off he is [re] marrying and embarking on pastures new.
                            He was actually pretty violent by several accounts,flourishing a knife and threatening Lucy,moving onto cheat and try out threesomes before moving on to others--- to bully and beat Mary Spink when he began to tire of Hastings and her and finally move onto his last victim Maud Marsh.
                            I believe he may have believed he was "ordered" to kill.How he decided to accomplish it was his choice and after all poisoning was a far safer option than knife attacks,from the point of view of the law!
                            it should fit within the context of someone who cannot percieve what we think is real. If it were severin, the points between discernable actions would be small. If you load no other hypothetical software, "I" would be the center. Beyond that personal preferances would sway.
                            Last edited by protohistorian; 02-15-2009, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

...yet after November '88 we see nothing like Jackie-boy's exploits manifesting themselves in Klosowski's orbit... indeed, Klosowski's first proven kill is in 1897, and it's nothing like wot Jackie-boy did.
                              Hi Sam,

To be fair, you would have to apply that equally to anyone's orbit after that time. Whatever the ripper was doing in 1897 (if he had a choice in the matter by then) it must have been even less like wot he did on just a handful of occasions in 1888 than Chapman's known activities.

So I presume you similarly reject each and every suspect who was at liberty after November 1888 and capable of Jackie-boy exploits, but for whatever reason didn't go in for any. Yet I don't see you paying this much attention to trashing the Hutchinson theory, to name the most obvious, every time it rears its head and the same tired old arguments are repeated. Could you explain why that is please? Is it because the swine claimed that he couldn't lend a poor woman sixpence? That seems to be the sum total of the evidence for him being a bit mean to the fair sex.

Love,

Caz
                              X
                              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

every time it rears its head and the same tired old arguments are repeated.
                                They're only repeated because the "tired" old objections keep getting puked out by obstinate, ill-informed internet keyboard warriors that simply refuse to educate themselves on the topic they purport an interest in, usually on the basis that it doesn't tally with their own laughably muddled perceptions as to what serial killers would or wouldn't do in certain situations. Serial killers are perfectly capable of stopping for prolonged periods of time, as we learn from the likes of Dennis Rader and others, so no, that isn't a problem either.

The arguments only appear tired because you're used to seeing them, and you're used to seeing them because they already do a perfectly good job of trashing your "tired" objections that you thrash out from time to time. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Do stop using any randon thread as an opportunity to have a pop at the Hutchinson theory. It isn't working, and it makes you look desperate. Give it rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X