Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Hi missmarple

Actually I think rather than being a sadist, George Chapman (Severin Klosowski) just didn't care. I don't think he killed his common law wives for the pleasure of it. He did it for gain. He was, in short, a cold and calculating killer but I don't necessarily think he got his jollies off doing it. There's a better case to be made I think that whomever was Jack the Ripper, and I don't believe that was Chapman, derived some sort of pleasure from mutilating his victims.

Chris
    I realise you are addressing Miss Marple here Chris,however I couldnt help but notice the following anomaly in your statement ,

"HE DID IT FOR GAIN"

I would like to ask you what you believe he would have "GAINED" from killing his 19 year old "bride" of 12 months,Maud Marsh ,who had been one of his barmaids and was the last victim in his series of poisonings.

Moreover, Maud"s father was a labourer and the family were very poor so how did he gain financially?

Norma

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      As you were - I've now found "Tymenitsa" (as written in the trial transcript) was actually "Tymienica Stara" - or "Old Tymienica". It's actually pronounced "Tim-yen-its-ka", so the Old Bailey scribe didn't do a bad job of transliterating it after all.
      May I correct you please?

It's actually pronounced "Tim-yen-eet-sa", there is no K. (C in Polish is pronounced "TS" as in "cats".)
      Last edited by HelenaWojtczak; 06-22-2011, 03:11 PM.
      Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Working...
      X