I've been moved to the pub?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been moved to the pub?!

Looks like my post asking for help titling my novel has been moved from 'suspects' to the pub part of the message boards. Well, I have no objection to (most) pubs.

I'm not sure if my attempts to reply to the replies to my original posts have got through - I'm a newbie at this - but I'll try again.

SW

Hi Simon

Welcome to the boards...

Clearly you're using the Reply button...either the quick reply to the right or the more advanced reply to the left and below...

You need to tie your response to the posting to which it refers...

So you do this either by (1) naming the person you're responding to, or (2) copying and posting part of the post you're referring to into your reply then identifying it as a quote, either via " ...." (quick reply) or by using the "quote! function (advanced reply)...

At present I'm afraid your replies aren't linking with the original postings

All the best

Dave

Comment

Newbie probs

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
      Hi Simon

Welcome to the boards...

Clearly you're using the Reply button...either the quick reply to the right or the more advanced reply to the left and below...

You need to tie your response to the posting to which it refers...

So you do this either by (1) naming the person you're responding to, or (2) copying and posting part of the post you're referring to into your reply then identifying it as a quote, either via " ...." (quick reply) or by using the "quote! function (advanced reply)...

At present I'm afraid your replies aren't linking with the original postings

All the best

Dave
      OK I've quoted you, Dave. I'll see how this one goes. Good morning, by the way.

SW

Comment

Hi Simon

That looks fine!

All the best

Dave

Comment

Hi Simon!

As you have been moved to the Casebook Pub I guess I'd better repeat what I have just written on your other thread.

I think Raven's title suggestion is the best so far.

Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Carol View Post
            Hi Simon!

As you have been moved to the Casebook Pub I guess I'd better repeat what I have just written on your other thread.

I think Raven's title suggestion is the best so far.

Carol

That seems to have vanished with the move to the pub - what was it?

Also, did you get interested in JtR because of Liz Stride's link to Gothenburg?

SW

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Webb View Post

That seems to have vanished with the move to the pub - what was it?

Also, did you get interested in JtR because of Liz Stride's link to Gothenburg?

SW
              Hello Simon,

My vanished piece of wisdom was the last sentence in my last post (I forgot to add quotation marks!):

'I think Raven's title suggestion is the best so far.'

I became interested in Jack four years ago after reading Anne Graham's book about the Maybricks. Until then I didn't know much at all about the murders.

Carol

Comment

Working...
              X