Upcoming show- George Chapman w/ R Michael Gordon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming show- George Chapman w/ R Michael Gordon

Tomorrow's show will be the Severin Klosowski (George Chapman) suspect show, featuring special guest, author R Michael Gordon. Gordon's books on George Chapman are:

Alias Jack the Ripper

The Thames Torso Murders of Victorian London

The American Murders of Jack the Ripper

The Poison Murders of Jack the Ripper

We love listener input!

Any questions you may have about Klosowski as a suspect for our panel or for R Michael Gordon specifically, should be posted to this thread or Private Messaged to myself.

We record Sunday at 7pm UK time, so get your questions and comments in soon.

Thanks for listening,

JM
    Last edited by jmenges; 04-04-2009, 10:49 PM.

Excellent!

Comment

is this on tv tomorrow, if so what channel please.........this sounds excellent

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm X View Post
        is this on tv tomorrow, if so what channel please...
        .... C5
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          .... C5
          goodie goodie goodie !

Comment

1........is it possible for a smooth poisoner, to have swiched M.O from a savage mutilator

2........Chapman fits the Hutch suspect sighting very well, but not quite for age; even so, it's still a good match, how likely is it that Chapman possed the smart clothing that the suspect was seen wearing, becaue this clothing would've been expensive?

3.......when exactly did G.Chapman leave Whitechapel for the U.S.A

4.......Chapman does not match the C.Brown suspect ( old shakespear)

5.......if Chapman was Jack, why are there no more ripper style murders out on the streets, either in America or back here in the U.K

6.......Chapman does not match the Eddowes suspect, because this suspect is almost definitely the ripper; the timing is so tight

7......but, could Chapman have occasionally dressed as a sailor, after all; his photo reveals a sailor type peaked hat and he had a keen interest in sailing........so he sais, but it's more likely that he was just posing; even so, there is a connection there!

if the panel say yes..........then you need to ask, but the Eddowes suspect, ( seen by Lawende) had a fair complexion, fair moustache

members, please dont answer this lot... dont do a stupid on me
            Last edited by Malcolm X; 04-05-2009, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Thank you Malcolm X and those who have PM'ed me so far

I will take all questions posed into consideration. Some may over lap with what I already have on tap, but never the less, your questions will get asked.

And to reiterate Malcolm's plea, lets not discuss the merits here, but move discussions to the proper threads. This is for listener questions only.

BTW... It's an audio podcast, not a TV show. In case there was some confusion.

JM

Comment

This looks to be good----has it happened and if so how do I access it?Do I simply download all recent ipods from the link in itunes?
                Thanks
                Norma

Comment

Hi Norma!

I'm editing the show as we speak, so expect it online this evening US time.

You can stream it (once it appears) from the episode's page listed at www.casebook.org/podcast - right click download on the link provided on that same episode page to save it to you computer, or from the podcast list in iTunes, you can double click the show to stream or click "Get Episode" on the show's listing.

Thanks,

JM

Comment

Thankyou so much JM----I am really looking forward to downloading this! I am trying to get hold of his book on the torso murders right now via my local library!I would have liked to have asked him to what extent he thought Chapman might have used the wigs and hair dyes on display on in all those Victorian barber shops to help him out as a ladies man!
                    David Starkey is on tv in a new history series in a few minutes -so soon afterwards I hope to be able to download your podcast!
                    Best Wishes
                    Norma
                    Last edited by Natalie Severn; 04-06-2009, 10:41 PM.

Comment

I too am looking forward to listening to this show, especially after hearing the trials and tribulations you had to go through to get it recorded!
                      Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm X View Post
                        1........is it possible for a smooth poisoner, to have swiched M.O from a savage mutilator

2........Chapman fits the Hutch suspect sighting very well, but not quite for age; even so, it's still a good match, how likely is it that Chapman possed the smart clothing that the suspect was seen wearing, becaue this clothing would've been expensive?

3.......when exactly did G.Chapman leave Whitechapel for the U.S.A

4.......Chapman does not match the C.Brown suspect ( old shakespear)

5.......if Chapman was Jack, why are there no more ripper style murders out on the streets, either in America or back here in the U.K

6.......Chapman does not match the Eddowes suspect, because this suspect is almost definitely the ripper; the timing is so tight

7......but, could Chapman have occasionally dressed as a sailor, after all; his photo reveals a sailor type peaked hat and he had a keen interest in sailing........so he sais, but it's more likely that he was just posing; even so, there is a connection there!

if the panel say yes..........then you need to ask, but the Eddowes suspect, ( seen by Lawende) had a fair complexion, fair moustache

members, please dont answer this lot... dont do a stupid on me
                        On point 2 id say someone like Chapman could well have either stolen a decent suit or stolen the money to pay for it.To me he seemed capable of virtually anything,a bit of theft probably was something hed undertake given the opportunity.

Thoroughly enjopy all the Rippercasts but this one was by far the best.Im still not convinced Chapmans the Ripper due to the vastly different MO other than that he ticks most of the boxes for me

Comment

Working...
                        X