JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
    ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
      Into the semis! Woo!
      The republic of Ireland immigration site has crashed.
      My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Oh no! May says if England reach the final, ministers might attend after all.

THERESA May has hinted that her World Cup boycott on royals and ministers attending the football tournament in Russia could be dropped if England were to make it to the final.

The last thing the England team need is that bunch of spineless, traitorous scumbags sitting there and rooting for the opposition.

I'd be happy for them to take a trip to Salisbury though.

Comment

On the subject of names, I once worked with a Deep Bumma.

Another colleague was 'Jack' Rippe.

Comment

"On the subject of names, I once worked with a Deep Bumma."

Did he advertise himself as 'no job too small'?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                "On the subject of names, I once worked with a Deep Bumma."

Did he advertise himself as 'no job too small'?
                I'll resist the temptation to make any reference to 'doo-doo'. (I failed!).

Looking at FreeBMD, the name Rippe seems to be most common in West Ham for some reason. No Jack, per se, but there is a John of roughly the right age.

We worked together in a Marine Reinsurance brokers in Mincing Lane in the City. Old Jack had spent most of his working life as a clerk in the London Docks, I recall. He may well have strolled up and down Pennington Street a few thousand times.

Comment

I can kill two birds with one stone :

Doo doo, John, John, John, doo doo John, John.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                    Apparently retired now but if he makes a comeback you'll be seeing headlines like "Karpets fitter."
                    Or if discovered at an orgy "Shag Pile Karpets"?

Comment

Ah, well if that were to happen, you might not get to read about it at all :

However, as I said I am sure that Karpets is clean. After all, he shampoos his hair with 1001 - for less than half a crown.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                        There used to be a firm of solicitors in Ireland called "Argue and Phibbs".
                        When I worked for a firm of solicitors a few years back we had dealings with another firm called Wright Hassell.
                        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

In a certain East Midlands town years ago there was an estate-agent called Robin Bastard & Co, famously featured on TV by Esther Rantzen.

And nearer to where I live there was a small property-maintenance company that traded as Bodgett & Scarper Ltd, but sadly they changed their name to something that sat better with dim people.

Graham
                          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

If England get through to the final on Sunday, my better half is going to play this one for me on his Sid Valley Radio show [10-12 Sunday morning]:

The Kane Gang - Closest Thing to Heaven.

Kane Gang were a blue-eyed soul trio from North East England that had a few UK hits and two U.S. hits in the 1980s. Reached no12 in UK charts in 1984.

Sid Valley Radio : Radio : Community Radio Station in Sidmouth

Love,

Caz
                            X

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                              In a certain East Midlands town years ago there was an estate-agent called Robin Bastard & Co, famously featured on TV by Esther Rantzen.

And nearer to where I live there was a small property-maintenance company that traded as Bodgett & Scarper Ltd, but sadly they changed their name to something that sat better with dim people.

Graham
                              Hi Graham,

There was an old record shop in Croydon called The Vinyl Resting Place.

Love,

Caz
                              X

Comment

Well done, Croatia. Deserved finalists.

Would've been a travesty for this England side to make it to the WC Final.

Comment

Working...
                                X