Cryptozoology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cryptozoology

Anyone out there have decided views on bigfoot, chupacabra, lake monsters, Jersey Devil etc. etc?

Best wishes,

Steve.

The Chupacabra is a genetically engineered top secret FBI type experiment that escaped.

Comment

Wouldn't be at all surprised if the Loch Ness monster doesn't really lurk in the loch....other than that, not really convinced on many yet. Bigfoot is in the maybe category.....

What about Spring-Heeled Jack?

Cheers,
      Adam.

Comment

I had always thought of Cryptozoology as the logical study of unknown species. To study the effects on the environment from unidentified culprits. The famous cases only seemed to discredit this field.

I'm much more skeptical now. I only believe in Nessie.
        "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

With the possible exception of other planets and the deep ocean, I expect that all the spectacular life forms have been discovered.
          This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
            The Chupacabra is a genetically engineered top secret FBI type experiment that escaped.
            Hello, Belinda.

What were they trying to achieve, do you think, and why the FBI?

Best wishes,

Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Russell View Post
              Hello, Belinda.

What were they trying to achieve, do you think, and why the FBI?

Best wishes,

Steve.
              X Files type stuff here. Genetic experimentation of a kind that is illegal and unethical.Possibly even containing human DNA.To see what happens when they start playing Frankenstein.

FBI was the only one I could think of .It could be anybody.

I have a theory about Alien abuctions too

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
                I have a theory about Alien abuctions too
                Hello Belinda,
                So do I. Some years ago, I had an experience like this: I was lying on my back paralysed with fear. The creature bending over me was doing unspeakable, painful things with metallic instruments. I could not see clearly but the creature appeared to be basically humanoid with very large eyes, the merest hint of a nose, and no perceptible mouth.

It was all very scary and I will not be going to the dentist again until it's absolutely necessary. My vision was blurred as my goggles had steamed up. The dentist was also wearing goggles and a face mask and had the appearance I describe.

As I lay there, the thought struck me that "abductees" could be misremembering dental visits long forgotten on the conscious level and augmenting these with the popular folklore of "abduction" creating a false memory. Apparently memories retrieved by hypnosis are extremely unreliable as the subject has a natural tendency to tell the hypnotist what they think he or she wants to hear.

You will not be surprised to learn that my theory has recieved an almost unanimous raspberry from those lucky enough to hear it. Fools!

I would be interested to hear your slant on abduction.

Chupacabra - how about US Govt. messing about with alien DNA (from Roswell, natch) and splicing it with that of various Earth creatures e.g. kangaroo, fox, or bat?

Adam - what about Spring-Heeled Jack indeed! Any ideas?

Best wishes,

Steve.

Comment

I'm pretty convinced that bigfoot is a reality. A number of scientists give it a fair crack of the whip. A major thing it has going for it, as far as eye witness reports and encounters are concerned, is that they are just really mundane uneventful down to earth encounters and they have a lot of persuasive consistency about them. They read like normal animal encounters (well apart from the actual description of the creatures of course hehe).

As for 'Nessie' it may well have a basis of truth in a giant fish or extremely large sterile eel etc. Folks might be seeing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Went View Post
                    Wouldn't be at all surprised if the Loch Ness monster doesn't really lurk in the loch....other than that, not really convinced on many yet. Bigfoot is in the maybe category.....

What about Spring-Heeled Jack?

Cheers,
                    Adam.
                    when asked how a creature 65 million years old was found in a lake 10,000 years old, crackpots said, "he is very clever!" Dave
                    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Late additions

hiya

just stumbled on this thread!

I've been into cryptozoology for a long time! The two I think are most likely to exist are Orang Pendek (Sumatra) and the Mongolian Death Worm (Gobi Desert) there are decent eyewitness accounts for both and if you trim off the more bizarre features of both you can come up with an acceptable animal yet to be discovered

Comment

[QUOTE]the Mongolian Death Worm [/QUOTE

Gosh.

I shall certainly study the steaks that I'm about to cook with great care.
                        http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Orang Pendek seems the least unlikely to turn up.

Best wishes,
                          Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Russell View Post
                            Orang Pendek seems the least unlikely to turn up.
                            The eye witness accounts for Orang Pendek paint a picture of a very possible pale furred great ape IMO, nothing in the stories is too outlandish, certainly no more outlandish than the tales of the hairy women that occurred prior to the discovery of the Gorilla.

The Mongolian death worm too stands a good chance of being something real as the accounts of it only put it at about 1-2ft long. It could be something like a Caecilian.

I'd love the Mokele-Mbembe to be real too

Bigfoot probably deserves a thread of his own

Comment

Bigfoot probably deserves a thread of his own
                              [/QUOTE]

a mongolian thread worm ?
                              http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Working...
                              X